Sheila Interview -- I told you!

I though it just meant winning makes ppl horny?
What do you refer to as “the bar”?

1 Like
1 Like

Something wrong with that guy…for real. HOW TF did he get a HC gig??? WTH?

Honestly Steve Young’s play with the 49ers got him the job in Detroit.

2 Likes

Wood was involved with the entire process, from the firing of Mayhew/Lewand. To the keeping of Caldwell, while getting a new GM (dumbest thing ever) and hiring of Quinn and Patricia.

Wood deserves as much blame as Sheila or Accorsi, plus the whole fiasco with CJ is entirely on him.

The setup with Quinn having authority as GM wasn’t the issue, it’s the fact that they gave that authority to an incompetent buffoon is the issue.

2 Likes

Who was the player he almost shove to the ground trying to get to Campbell? Lol

Not entirely true. He was winning with Jeff Garcia for several years after young retired.

Garcia was awesome before he got old and injured.

It was enough of an issue to warrant them going in a completely different direction this time. There was a knowledge gap in ownership and the team president’s office. Their solution to that was to trust the outsiders who recommended Quinn and then they gave him the keys to the kingdom.

This time, they’re relying on multiple league professionals with broad experience to fill the knowledge gap instead of lone individual. The amount of authority they gave to him was absolutely a learning experience.

2 Likes

Garcia lead the 49ers to a 6-10 record in 2000, and then we hired Marty to be our head coach in 2001. Most of Garcia’s success came after Marty left under Marucci of course, who we hired after Marty was fired, haha what a franchise we have here in Detroit.

1 Like

I misunderstood the post. I thought you were talking about mooch not Marty.

1 Like

What was Quinn allowed to do that most GM’s aren’t. I’m not aware of the difference.

Remember when we played him in a meaningless 4th preseason game and he broke his leg…smh why the hell was he playing!?

1 Like

One of us will have to search for it, but it was described at the time as having a role that was essentially 3 in 1.

I’m not sure how he could have 3 in 1. GM generally oversees all aspects of the football side of the business.

I’ve always viewed the GM as the person responsible for acquiring talent via college draft acquisition of players via Free Agency.

Mayhew was the GM, Lewand handled contracts and salary cap.

Quinn was in pro player personnel in NE, so he didn’t handle contracts or the salary cap . . . Disner starter doing this in 2019. Not sure who handled this stuff 2016-2018.

Maybe Quinn oversaw the pro personnel part of the administration, maybe he didn’t delegate. I don’t know.

Once again, the problem was who Sheila and Wood was put in charge as GM (Quinn), not the fact he had too much on his plate.

Dirty Dan will never be fired when he’s banging the owner on the down low.

1 Like

Rocket arm too. Saw him throw it to the moon on many occasions :stuck_out_tongue:

But you’re right, he was good when younger and playing for a competent club.

1 Like

People really seem to struggle when it comes to Wood typically bc they don’t understand what he does……It really is misinformed. He has earned the loyalty of Sheila.

Dude!?! There’s elders present.

4 Likes

So true. And given that I have no clue what the guy does…and I see his name is “wood”…if I’m left to my own devices…I’m gonna draw conclusions on why Sheila loves him.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
That’s what SHEila said!!!

2 Likes