Sheila Interview -- I told you!

Rod Wood is to Sheila like Millen was to WCF.

Hopefully the clown will learn to stay out of the football side of things. His incompetence set the franchise back years. They’ve got you fooled.

Was Wood involved in the decision to fire Mayhew? - Yes
Was Wood involved in the decision to fire Lewand? - Yes
Was Wood involved in the decision to hire Arrcosi to find a GM? - Yes
Was Wood involved in the interview where Bob Quinn, “Blew them away”? - Yes
Was Wood involved in the decision to force Caldwell on Quinn ?- Yes
Was Wood involved in the decision to fire Caldwell? - Yes
Was Wood involved in the decision to hire Patricia? - Yes
Was Wood solely responsible for reclaiming CJ’s signing bonus? - Yes
Is Wood solely responsible for alienating CJ to this day? - Yes

Wood admitted that he was not qualified to run any of the other 31 NFL football teams.
However, he felt he was qualified to run the Detroit Lions . . . he was wrong.

That is what I know he’s done. Unfortunately you and many others are unaware of Wood’s incompetence or choose to stick your head in the ground.

Was Wood involved in the hiring of Spielman?

Was Wood involved in the expanded role of Disner? We know Disner was the first to identify Holmes and after bringing him to the attention of Wood it was Wood who put him on the list of candidates to be interviewed.

Was wood involved in the hiring of Campbell?

Wood screwed up early in his tenure, but you can’t just stop at the bad and ignore the course correction. If a guy gets it right then that has to be factored in too.

For the first time since I’ve been following the Lions I can honestly say the ownership, management, front office and coaching staff is the best setup I’ve seen them have by far. Wood deserves some credit for that as well.

2 Likes

I agree
Wood came in wet behind the ears
First moves went bad
And it’s silly to paste it all on him
Was he the best choice? — clearly not

But
Learn, regroup, start over

Second set of moves seem to be a home run
He was clearly on board with all the changes

He’s fine at this point
Doesn’t bother me one but that he’s there

I guess we could have given Millen a reprieve as well, I mean he did correct things and draft Calvin.

You either feel the Lions are finally heading in the right direction, or you don’t. If you do then it’s really hard to still have an ax to grind against the guy instrumental in the course correction. I don’t see the Millen era.

1 Like

I like her.

If that’s the best you got, you ain’t got much on this one

Wood is fine now

The guy was elevated to a position due to the mutual respect of all of the family members. That provides a unique value, but clearly makes him unfit to make football decisions.

Recognizing their lack of needed expertise, the Ford family (Martha) turned to trusted friends Mara and Richardson who persuaded her that the people in charge of the team (Mayhew and Lewand) had made enough errors in team building and cap management to be fired. I think we all know that the Fords we’re pretty high on Mayhew and Lewand.

In replacing their GM and cap wizard, they turned to the league and an outside consultant, Accorsi. Again, this was a step that they took in filling the knowledge gap.

Now, if we just stop the story and judge them at this point, there is plenty of criticism to throw around. Know-nothing owners employed a know-nothing President. However, when we criticize about the selection of Quinn and his subsequent blunders, that’s where they stop. Like Accorsi, Quinn was the expert (filled the knowledge gap) and had full autonomy to run the team as he seen fit. His new employer was fond of their Head Coach, so he acquiesced, but every player and contract decision is/was his.

We can berate the guy for every bad decision that was made under him. That’s fine, the buck has to stop somewhere. Personally, I see trust being placed in a group of consultants that collectively made a bad choice and then I see a recognition that their choice had run its course and it was time to move on.

Their experience under Quinn advised their decision-making going forward. Instead of a sole decision-maker with singular exposure to the NFL, they relied on more input from mire trusted sources. They recognized assets (Spielman, Disner and others internally) and gave them a voice in the plan forward.

It’s fascinating how drastically we view this. I respect his growth and the owners willingness to build on broad experiences instead of delegating all things football to the next wonder kid coming from a recent SB champion.

2 Likes

Good stuff
Obviously they learned from past mistakes
I can’t criticize growth

2 Likes

Gezz it wasn’t rocket science to fire them 2, it was more common sense. Some here been saying fire them 2 sense there second year. That shit show could be seen from miles away, except some were so drunk on the koolaid and being mini patriots they couldn’t see 2 feet in front of them.

Now Shelia is a genius cause she fired them and had a 3 win season. Maybe we should actually wait till we win at least 8 games before we drink the koolaid and crown her Queen of all owners.

Geez! Maybe she could have pulled a WCF and kept those two after that 3 win season for loyalty’s sake

She didn’t…. She knew they suckers and for the betterment’ of the team she fired them…

She is the first to do it right and then continue to do it right - ti include fixing her past mistakes…. Gezz……

Well this has been the failure of most fans in Lions history, you don’t have to believe or don’t as you say , some like to wait and see before they look like a fool over and over again. We’re coming off a 3 win season, yet you see the light and anyone that doesn’t hasn’t drunk enough koolaid. 2 years ago we were told same thing we were heading in right direction anyone could see we just needed to get rid of the malcants and get his guys in here . Oh boy

Drunk GIF by Originals

The League Appointed

Consigliere Fulminare foisted upon the
Clueless Ford “brain trust” a full on
Charlie Foxtrot situation by recommending the

Super Troopers Shut Up GIF by Searchlight Pictures

that caused a
Catastrophic Failure by hiring a
Corpulent Fake whose gross incompetence brought a
Complete Failure of the fans to support anymore
Chicken “Feather” results from this
Crappy Football organization.

1 Like

Lol and didn’t we hear this exact same thing when Martha took over and hired the Patriots way. She was fixing things and doing it right we were all told. It’s the off season Lol

1 Like

Great job pissing in everyone’s Cheerio’s Mouse.
Lols
So you’re telling us you’re in the camp that thinks this will blow up like every other Lion regime right?
Lols
Is that what you’re saying?

Better get ocean face plant video warmed up …
Lols

1 Like

I think most sensible Lions fans can agree that with our history everything is a wait and see approach. It is not out of the realm of possibility that Campbell and Holmes won’t be part of this organization in 3-4 years. They have not proven anything substantial on the field at this point.

What most sensible Lions fans see is something different from this organization, from ownership down to the players, that we haven’t seen in maybe ever. Players love coming to work, the coaches and front office have a great relationship, ownership is more involved in knowing what is going on. Their just seems to be a completely different atmosphere then theres been in the past. Even the one guy we hired who failed miserably in Lynn had great things to say after he left. Will that equate to success on the field? I personally think so, but its far from a guarantee.

4 Likes

No not at all , I’m just suggesting let’s wait and see before we get passed out drunk on Koolaid and say how everything is different it’s always different but different and better isn’t always the same thing. I’m tired of the talking I wanna see some football and results.

There’s nothing wrong with believing the team is headed in the right direction.
It’s a lot more enjoyable while we wait for the the season to begin.
Most everyone agrees the Lions played above expectations last year — I’m comfortable expecting more of the same.

You can too
It’s not that hard
And it’s just football anyway

1 Like

Gross, man!

2 Likes