Sick of Justin Field hype

Talk to me in two years.

I love the straw man, you insinuating a dialogue w Saban or Swinney when I mentioned no such thing

Moral of the story, playing QB at OSU is one of the easiest QB positions to play in college football. Average comp, above avg well paid for players on the team that are going to create great separation

I bet that is why all the five star QBs go to Ohio State because anybody can play QB there and they all can’t wait to bust out.

2 Likes

BREAKING NEWS….
NFL teams have announced they will no longer draft QBs that play for OSU, Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia….

because they have too much talent.

The Office I Give Up GIF

IT’S NO LONGER JUST URBAN MEYER’S SMASH-MOUTH SPREAD.

So Day has added some other plays and formations to Urban’s offense. I think they still mostly run Urban’s same offense…but I don’t watch Ohio State enough to say.

1 Like

Lmao meanwhile I have repeatedly stated I would take Bryce Young if had the chance.

I love how you continuously move the goalposts & cant stay within a discussion. Maybe you should post more screen shots of schemes/plays pretending you know what you’re talking about when you don’t have a clue

I’m with you bro….not gonna even get dragged into any details of this debate. Just let folks have their opinions. Much of this is coming from those who always liked Fields and those who never liked Fields. There is no middle ground, it’s one extreme or the other

1 Like

Here is a BIG difference between Day and Urban butt grabber……

Urban wanted a running QB all the time.

Day has preferred passing QBs… and Fields running ability was a bonus.

1 Like

It’s definitely not because it’s a good training ground to become a great NFL QB.

So your big argument that it is easy to play QB at OSU doesn’t apply to Alabama???

Who is moving the goalposts???

I honestly don’t remember Fields running all that much at OSU

1 Like

You do realize every pic you provided is of someone who is NOT sitting in a containment but of someone rushing the passer right?

1 Like

There is a minimum of 3 guys on each play that are not even trying to get upfield.

Do you know how lazy this comparison is?

1 Like

Not every player blitzes on every down. It’s a read and react blitz.

The player doesn’t have to worry about Fields making the pass he reads no run, pins his ears back and gets after the QB. He’s not asked to sit and contain like you suggested.

Not every player has this assignment.

I never said it was an all out blitz after him. You claimed they are playing contain with him. You can’t make a sack playing containment. It’s impossible.

Yeah we don’t. Originally we would do similar concepts but by midway through 2019 we were doing essentially new concepts across the board. Day transformed the offense after he got the reins.

1 Like

Well… he did admit the obvious….

1 Like

:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

1 Like

Would you characterize the Lions plan against Fields to be similar to the plan they had used in recent games?

Nope???

Adding to this, Urban always wanted his spread principles to be the base, but after the 31-0 debacle that pretty much summarized the 2016 offense, he wanted NFL level innovative passing concepts to be part of what we did. Enter Ryan Day, who was essentially the passing game coordinator for 2 years. He also called plays I know in 2018 and I think in 2017, can’t remember, but now that Urban’s gone, Ryan now has the ability to create and utilize his own specific offensive scheme.

1 Like