Sick of Justin Field hype

Of course not. What’s your point?

Every game has a different game plan.

Is that when the Bears finally give up on Fields and look to move up in the draft for their next QB ??

1 Like

They were already trying to trade him for Russell Wilson. The Bears dodged a bullet there. The Seahawks may have missed out because they didn’t want Fields.

1 Like

Are you saying Fields didn’t have talent around him at Ohio State?

No.

has = present tense (Bears)

had = past tense (OSU)

So, you are now a big Ohio State fan, watch a lot of their games, and before this conversation kept-up with how their offense has evolved in the last 5 years?

Being a Michigan fan, I don’t like Ohio State and I admit that I don’t watch them a lot. I don’t know where Ryan Day got his offensive training. I do know that he played under Chip Kelly in college and was an OC at Temple and Boston College before going to OSU. Urban reignited OSU’s program.
Am I made to believe that Ryan Day is going to totally ignore the offense Urban brought to OSU for the Temple or Boston College offense?..doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me if that’s what you’re trying to tell us.
Maybe he’s building off from Urban’s offense or adding some formations to it but he’d be an idiot not to use most of what he learned under Urban.
Admittedly, I don’t try to pretend to know the differences between a Chip Kelly spread offense and an Urban Meyer spread offense. All I know is that they still use a lot of spread formation and Day would be a fool if he didn’t use most of Urban’s offense.

Ryan is essentially a Chip Kelly offensive product, and our system is a mix between Kelly and Urban essentially, but Ryan has also brought some NFL concepts with him in the play action and running games. Day worked under Kelly in both Philadelphia and San Francisco in the NFL. I never remember running this much under center with Urban as we do now with Day, and that certainly didn’t come from Chip Kelly either, so it’s either Kevin Wilson who’s our OC by title or it’s from some other NFL influence.

3 Likes

All you have to do is watch Ohio State. You’d then know that Urban’s offense was nothing like what Ryan Day has. Urban was playing read/option spread with QBs that can run. He did that at Florida with Tebow. Then he did it at OSU with guys like Braxton Miller and JT Barrett. That is not what Day does at all. Day helped Urban make the transition away from that.

Same with Justin Fields. All you had to do was watch him play in college instead of talking about how great his WRs were. You’d know he can sling the ball regardless of whether he has great WRs.

You are going off of stats, and that is fine I guess. But with a young QB his early stats don’t always point to what he’ll become. And I think this is going to be the case with Fields. I actually think he’ll be an All Pro QB when its all said and done.

4 Likes

Yeah but your comparing his bad o-line and WR group in the NFL to his college success where OSU was loaded at every position. A lot of QB’s have had success in college but not in the NFL, which is why I said something about Kellen Moore as a good example of this.

I do wonder how Fields would look if Chicago had a decent team around him right now.
Stafford looked great with a great team around him last year, this year he looks like hot garbage.
Goff hasn’t had hardly anything around him here in 2 years here and had us among the top offense but put him in Chicago right now and I think he’d be looking pretty awful as well.
It’s hard to judge Fields but we can only judge him on what we see on the field, he’s great with his legs but very inconsistent with his arm. Again, maybe he becomes a better passer but time will tell.
Stafford had a great arm coming out of college but it still took him some time to become a good NFL passer.

You could very well be right but I’m looking at his passes right now and he makes some great ones and then makes some real boner ones.
Again, a lot of guys have been to his level he is now in the NFL (minus the legs) but not all of them become better. I think Fields has all the physical tools, I just don’t see him progressing mentally to where he’s a leader and reading defenses like the All-Pro’s do.

ok…are you just a miserable person? so sick of the smartass responses. peace dude you win.

I see no reason why he can’t. That is why I say lets talk again in two years.

The real problem for the Bears IMO is that in two years he’ll need another contract and you’ve either lost the window on the rookie deal or you let a 25 year old ready to hit his prime walk away.

Which is why I’m not ready to pounce all over Holmes for passing on him. He is still in position to get himself a QB, but there will always be that comparison.

1 Like

Another great day running the ball for Fields balanced out with the key INT and another loss for the Bears.

5 Likes

Grab his left shoulder at the end of game.

1 Like

Fields carted off the field. Having a RB play QB isn’t a strategy for long term success.

5 Likes

That is what I’ve been saying for weeks.

At some point he has to throw the ball and he’s going to make mistakes that cost his team when he does.

He’s a heck of an athlete but he’s just not a very good QB.

4 Likes

Word

1 Like

It has:

Fields injured his non-throwing shoulder on the first play of the Bears’ final drive when he landed hard on it on a designed run. He took another hit on it soon after on another running play when Falcons defensive tackle Grady Jarrett hit Fields with his helmet as the quarterback slid.

Fields originally injured his left shoulder Oct. 20 but said this injury is a different one. He is uncertain of his status for next week.

“The pain right now is pretty bad,” Fields said. “I’ll just take it day by day and see how it feels later in the week.”

You Dont Say Stand Up GIF

1 Like

Too bad, never want to see anyone get hurt but their best bet right now is to let the cards fall where they may while protecting your QB of the future. Designed runs for QB’s, well, the odds are that it eventually doesn’t end well.

1 Like