Slay out the door?

What’s the consensus for what the Lions get for Slay, assuming it’s just draft picks?

Considering his age, I’ll go with a 2nd rounder.

You think you are tougher than an NFL CB or WR?

1 Like

10,468,000 divided by 16 = 654,000 per game baby. That’s what running your mouth will cost you. Times ten games. You lose 6,540,000 and then one year playing. Then we franchise you. Keep running your d—sucker, Darius.

Oh please. It’s a freakin joke. But mentally, hell yes :joy:

Game checks. That’s when it gets serious.

He’s the played for the Detroit Lions his whole career coming off a 3 win season.

Those cities and franchises aren’t downgrades.

1 Like

Running isn’t going to cost him anything. He’s cashed all his checks last year and will cash all of them this year.

This coaching staff just loves running off good players.

2 Likes

Agreed, but they’re doomed just like us.

I’d keep Slay. He’ll play for the FA year and he’ll try his best to play well Bc it is his FA year.

1 Like

You don’t know that they “like” it.

Maybe they hate it but are just really good at it?

Just saying…

Any player that even slightly questions Patricia will be shown the door. It didn’t take Slay long to sniff out that Patricia is a joke.

It really is just about the money. He wants it and they’re not giving up more than they already signed him to. He’s obviously getting NO traction with his persistent requests for more dough, which have been going on for over a year now.

Plus, he’ll hold out all camp and let others get valuable reps while he’s on the sideline. Slay won’t be a problem. He’s known to be a reserved personality and shouldn’t be much of a distraction as the off-season develops.

Win/Win for everyone! Slay will come in hungry and healthy ready to be a team player for the 2020 season. I see him going all out making diving tackles from sideline to sideline. Dude wants to get paid in 2021 right?

From QBHater90’s link:

Slay had an all-around bad year in 2019, one that was somewhat uncharacteristic for the eighth-year cornerback. In every season from 2014 to 2018, Slay produced a PFF coverage grade above 70.0, ranking among the 20 best corners in the NFL in four of those five seasons. In 2019, he managed a coverage grade of just 56.9, which ranked 92nd in the NFL and was barely better than his 2013 rookie season. It’s understandable why Detroit might be hesitant to hand out a fat contract to Slay after that poor season, but we shouldn’t let recency bias make us assume that Slay’s 2019 is his new norm.

There’s no denying that the price will be steep for the 29-year-old veteran. He’s currently on the books for $13.3 million in 2020 and is reportedly going to demand an excess of $15 million per year in an extension. And though he lost a step when playing at the line of scrimmage last year by allowing 346 yards on 162 press coverage snaps, he did maintain pretty solid play in off-man coverage by allowing only 177 yards on 214 such coverage snaps.

I thought Slay did kinda take a half-step backward but I didn’t realize it was quite this bad. Interesting to see how it plays out.

I wonder if Belichick has a similar coaching presence with his players? Does Bill let players question his decisions?

Albeit, Bill does have 6 Super Bowl trophies glimmering behind him while any player ponders the thought of questioning the almighty Bill.

Anyone who didn’t know this bitch was gone last year when he ran his mouth and didn’t get an extension, really isn’t paying attention. Problem for Slay is you can run your mouth when you’re an integral part of an organization that cares about what you have to say. Lions only have to sit on him and they can. If they can’t get fair value because he’s a d—, maybe making him pay is retribution, well-earned.

Gotta get a second round for him and set yourself up for taking Young in the first, one of the top three running backs in the second and a replacement corner with the pick returned in the trade. And if there’s a trade down then you just added okudah and pick at 26 or a couple of other possible scenarios

2 Likes

Slays #s took a nose dive in the Chargers game. Keenen Allen had 8 receptions for 98 yards. He did end up with the winning interception though.

IMO I thought 2019 was one of his worst seasons.