Slay out the door?

Slay + 35+ 172 to LV Raiders for 19

Slay for #33 to the Bengals.

4 Likes

Works for me. I’m tired of the drama, get it over with.

1 Like

He’s better thn anyone they get at 33.

The Giants are mentioned in the destination article for Slay/
Get their second, Miami’s in a td, and maybe we get 2 first round picks and 3 high seconds all in a row.

1 Like

Unless the Lions get value, it makes no sense for them to trade him. Quinn needs to stick to his guns on that.

2 Likes

Yeah, but is he also better than whoever they get a #33 AND whoever they get with the cap space he frees up? He ain’t the same player he was a few years ago IMHO, and he won’t be the same player in a couple of years that he is now. Plus, the guy wants to leave. I say let him go.

1 Like

It’s too cancerous at this point. Right or wrong you can’t have him in your locker room anymore.

3 Likes

At this point in free agency? Probably

Maybe. With what’s going on in the world and that it’s likely to get much worse I could see him just feeling grateful to play a game for 14m dollars or whatever.

I think we should let the situation breath. I don’t think BQ agrees, but that’s how I feel.

He’s playing a game for millions one way or another.

Like seriously if you were him at this point in his career why would he want to stay here.

At #33 you can still get a pretty good player, and with the $10 mil in cap space the Lions save in trading Slay you can probably get a good RB, WR, Edge guy, or even another CB. It ain’t just about how good Slay is now, but how good will he be next year and the year after? The 2 guys you get for him probably will be trending up as he’s trending down, based on how Slay played in 2019.

or give Golladay a Raise …

1 Like

I’m with trading Slay but I don’t think you are getting a better football player or players at this point in free agency for the 10M you would gain in trading him.

I don’t think we’ll get anywhere near #33, not when the trading team also has to pay him a bundle. I think we’ll be fortunate to get a 3rd.

2 Likes

Bc he has no leverage. He’s a 30 year old CB. A hold out annihilates the value of his next contract.

Broncos or Eagles is where Slay goes. (Colts could be in play)

Broncos have 10 draft picks (3-3rd rounders and 1-4th)
Eagles have 10 draft picks (2-3rd rounders and 3-4th)

Lions should be looking at at couple of 3rd’s or maybe a 3rd (2020) and 3rd/4th (2021).

Something along those lines.

1 Like

He’s not going to hold out.

The New CBA makes it pointless to. But it doesn’t stop you from shitting on your coaching staff or organization on twitter.

I don’t think he sees the inside of a Detroit locker room again.

Maybe at a Super Bowl with another team (if Detroit host a game)?

Just saying…

ok…I’ll see my way out…