Slay out the door?

2 Likes

Blockquote

“Cancerous” is hyperbolic. He’s one of the most popular players on the team. He’s kept it zipped till now when March 18th has opened the fly. He’s a talker. These reports are hyperbolic too. If their entire basis is a few tweets.

I think Patricia is a joke and I’d prefer they keep Slay and fire him.

However that isn’t happening so Slay has to go. He would be undermining anything Patricia is trying to do. Whatever that is.

1 Like

Get it done.

1 Like

So Slay to the Eagles? Some really smart poster mentioned this above…forget their name.

Eagles have 10 picks:

1-21
2-53
3-85
3-103
4-127
4-145
4-146
5-166
5-168
6-190

I’d be happy with #53 and #166

1 Like

Slay could be re-united with Jim Schwartz. Slay was drafted in 2013. Schwartz fired on Dec 2013.

1 Like

3-year extension. Could that get the Lions a 1st round pick?

1 Like

I doubt it. I would be happily surprised about a 2nd and a later rd pick.

1 Like

That’s fine. He plays like crap he doesn’t get paid. He has to thread a needle to get big money if he stays.

I realize that BQ’s ego is to big to keep him but I think the right call is to let him play out his bluff.

Darius Slay @_bigplayslay23

Congrats to my guy!!!! Hope that speeds up my trade process!! https://t.co/ZQHO3NCGuE

They need to hurry it up🤷🏽‍♂️ https://t.co/z9crydi2yG

I do love lion fans, i repeat I do love lion fans!!!! Y’all are the best✊🏽💯

Given Slays drop off in performance, I think some are going to disappointed with what the Lions get in return
Love to be wrong …

1 Like

I’d be happy if we got more than a 4th for him, if it came to trading him. But my guess is that some fans are over-estimating what a 30 year old CB, who wants a raise/extension, is going to fetch in trade. Even if he has been one of the better CB in the league…

1 Like

Slay is too old for a high contract. Look at his contemporaries in free agency in his age group. They are getting far less than he is making. Guys who are on their 2nd contracts are getting the bucks. Darius wouldn’t net the Lions a 4th rounder in a trade.

That’s what I think too, man. I’ll be really happy if we get a 2nd. It’s possible we could get a player as well.

This is just another reason why Bob Quinn sucks at his job. When Slay sat out last summer, whining about an extension before reluctantly showing up, he should have been dealt then.

Then, he plays pretty well during the first half of the season and Quinn still doesn’t deal him, knowing he isn’t going to give him 17 million or whatever per year.

Then Quinn gives Diggs away, Slay spouts off again, the writing couldn’t be clearer and Quinn STILL sits with his thumb up his ass. Several off us knew Slay was gone last August, and his trade value in October would have been WAY bigger than it is now.

So, what does Quinn do? Sign Trufant and show his cards yet again. Now every team knows Quinn is desperate to deal Slay, which lowers his trade value yet again!! Bob Quinn simply does everything ass backwards and constantly puts sanctions on himself. Dude is a disaster.

Now the entire world knows that Slay and his agent hold all of the cards. Quinn MUST trade him, so why would any GM give up much for Slay? They all know that if Quinn doesn’t deal him, that Slay will either sit out next season, or play what is now called a (snacks year) where he plays half ass football to justify getting his paycheck, before he bolts. Quinn continuously gets bent over.

Byron Jones is 16 months younger than Slay.

For the bulk of the 2020 NFL season Byron will be 28 and Slay will be 29

It’s time for Slay to ago but people keep adding years to his age for some reason.

Pretty sure the Lions had the worst pass rush in the NFL last year. Sorry, but even Dion Sanders said God couldn’t cover some of these guys that long. The biggest problem i have with trading Slay, who is probably one of our top 3 talented players on the team, is how does it make us better this year? And do you really think BQ is going to turn a 2nd or 3rd round pick into something even remotely close to Slay? A guy we drafted and has made multiple pro-bowls? Hope i am wrong about this, but i just don’t see how this team is getting any better. And once we trade Slay and we singed a backup QB is there any doubt who we are drafting at #3?

The team is not better without Slay. He’s a top talent in the league, that’s why there’s a trade market for him. But as is often the case, the money gets in the way.

1 Like

Maybe that my mistake for not looking at his birthdate. But Jones does have 2 years less NFL experience, so that basically what I look at when I say younger guys. Jones was on his first contract, Slay was on his second.

Doesn’t matter anyways, no…he gone!

1 Like

fyi he’s going to the eagles

2 Likes