Smart Money Skoronski

We wouldn’t for sure have anything. Only a sith speaks in absolutes. We got very lucky last year with injuries, especially at tackle.

3 Likes

Scherff
Nelson
Bitonio
Martin
Lidstrom

5 best RG in the league.

Skoronski fits that group well.

PS 4 of the 5 were taken before #18

#5,#6, #14, #16
Bitonio was 33 I think

He also played an entire season with with appendicitis issues and refused to get surgery bc it wasn’t going to burst and he didn’t want to miss a game. People get hurt, doesn’t mean they are injury prone. That will be taken into consideration if and when they decide to resign him. But suggesting that he is most likely going to retire or be replaced in a few years so THAT’S why they are looking at OL would be wrong. They are looking at OL because their RG situation is tentative with Vatai not being completely dependable right now.

1 Like

Not necessarily. you have 4 of those handsome MF’rs on you OL. They have 12 year careers. Picking one OL in the first round every 3 years? Seems reasonable to me…

1 Like

Sewell is gonna get paid…probably top money. What’s your LT Deket getting paid then? Only so much money to spend? Or Ragnow your PB center? Or Jackson your PB guard. We can’t keep them all and probably makes sense to be bringing in guy’s replacements before it’s needed is all I’m saying.

So am I, but I still hate it when they get jealous of me

Why do you think Goff talks and the future are happening? Yes, bringing in more OL talent is always a good thing…it doesn’t signal that they are planning on moving on from Decker soon. Maybe maybe not…

Ok that would be YOUR opinion that it would be wrong. BH might be thinking something different.

It’s called an informed opinion, based off football conversations and ideology.

I get it and your right you can’t pay them all. I’m keeping the tackles and center as long as they are good. My guards will be bargain/plug in plays. Not 1st round picks…but that’s just me I guess.

1 Like

that is all I am saying. We can’t keep them all. But that is why the convo about paying Goff is happening…what to do if Decker is still playing at an elite level…etc…Decker may not be here when he is 33…but if he is still playing well, healthy and wants to be here…then I do not see any way he is not here…bc walking away from a top 10 left tackle is stupid unless the tackle is pricing himself out of town.

1 Like

You can’t possibly wind up in a situation where you’re paying all 5 on a 2/3rd contract. It would take up waaaaay too much of a percentage of the cap. The right way to do it is like the Eagles, 2-3 guys on rookie contracts and 2-3 guys getting paid. It means you have to make some tough decisions and let guys go, which you’d counter by continuing to add talent at OL in the mid-rounds, just like the Eagles have done. That way you know if you’ve got a replacement already on the roster or not.

2 Likes

Huh? He’s taken the best lineman with the first pick both drafts. He’s committed to the run game and building the trenches.
You’re entitled to your opinion, even if it’s totally off the wall.:laughing:

1 Like

If there’s is one guy that fits the Hutch/Sewell profile it’s Skoronski.

Witherspoon is a close 2nd.

1 Like

All I’m saying is that if we get to our pick at 6 and the best guy on the Lions board is an OT then I’m good with picking him. I mean Sewell could suffer an injury as well so it doesn’t have to be Decker. And I love Decker btw and hope he’s here another 10 years but don’t think that will happen.

Just depends. Whoever you are getting is playing OG for at least a few years. They better be a generational talent otherwise 6 for a guard is too rich.

Bijan fits the run game commitment.
Hell, I don’t know.
I don’t see the road blocks some do when it comes to the best positional picks in the draft. At that point, they’re BPA at a position of need.

truth

Ooooorrr… build them up & trade 'em → craft capital for future ones too :muscle: :sunglasses:

Lots of truth to all of this too - yup
We will be cutting/traxing some damn good players too.

1 Like

How many generational picks you see in this draft outside of the QB position.

Probably not going to happen now with Graham Glasgow coming back.