So, #2 or #3 draft pick

unlikely…Chargers really like Hebert as replacement for Rivers, who may retire for reasons I wrote earlier…

Rivers said he still wants to play next season. Maybe he will take a backup role for a Super Bowl contending team.

I think Rivers is out of SD one way or another.

I don’t like the way he (Stafford) holds his head right now. His posture is suspect. His head is hanging forward like mine when I’m dealing with chronic neck pain.

3 Likes

Decent QBs always get drafted higher than they should. If you don’t have a good one you do whatever to get one. The Goff Wentz year was crazy. Trading up to #2 for Philly not knowing who the Rams wanted said they would take either. Chicago moving up one spot to get Trubisky. The price Washington paid for RGIII. I think the Bengals take one which ups the anti for the next best thing. Maybe somebody makes an offer to the Giants and Chase is there at #3.

Miami, LA Chargers, Carolina, Jacksonville or maybe Tampa or Denver possibly Oakland (not sure Gruden likes Carr)

IF Chase is there at #3 he is my pick (if the draft were today) if he is not and we move to Miami’s pick at #5 we still get Derrick Brown who will be a playmaker and fill a possible need or a LT should Brown go at #4. I would love that extra pick in the top of round 2.

2 Likes

Maybe Staff feels he is done, or close to being done and now wants to coach.

Yeah, since when is a trade down a bad idea!!!..especially with a team with this many needs, don’t make a whole lot of sense to not consider trading down.

Maybe if Burrow blows both knees out next game!
Other than that, I don’t see any team with actual scouts would put Herbert in front of him.

Teams do it all the time. There was a team that had Mitch Trubisky as their #1 QB.

2 Likes

ya the BEARS. moved up to #2 from #3 when there was no way San Francisco was going to use it on a QB. PANIC!!! we need one!.

Well, then that whole staff should have been fired and banned from ever being within 500 yards of a football field!

Come on Bevell, who is your project QB for us!?!?!

Look at this about Russell Wilson from Walter Football about QB prospects from 2012:

Wilson has some intrigue around him, but he did not build off that with a good performance at the Senior Bowl. Scouts were generally disappointed with how Wilson looked in Mobile. He performed better at the Combine. Some teams will look at him in the mid-rounds as a backup who could get snaps in a wildcat package.

Tannehill, RG3, Bradon Weeden, Brock Osweiler, Case Keenum, Kelly Moore, Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins and Andrew Luck were all prospects that year.

Verrrrrry Iiiiiiiinteresting

I haven’t seen anything out of Young in the big games. I will have to watch him on tape, but I haven’t seen any reason why he is considered at top talent in the Michigan or Clemson games. I think the Lions are more concerned with getting a pass rushing interior lineman like Brown, but to be honest I would see a trade back option for someone looking for a QB as potentially the best move. There are many players available in the top ten that could really help this team and the extra picks would be valuable in getting another RB, CB, LB, OT or WR!

Look to the 2021 draft for that, and if Stafford goes down again, we just might be in contention for him, and I ain’t talking about Lawrence. (although that would work as well). I’m talking about the guy that was playing on that Ohio team last night.

If Stafford does go down, let Blough lead us to the promised land (Lawrence or Fields).

1 Like

Fields? I don’t know SirLion, I don’t see it. We all see different things and have our own opinions though. I could be totally wrong.

Lawrence is a gamer though, I like that.

1 Like

Would QB be in play for the Lions at #3?

I mean Stafford is dealing with fractured bones in the back and a hip injury so… should the Lions get insurance?

Lawrence and Fields are amazing prospects. Two franchises (in ‘21) are going to get legit star QB play pretty quickly IMO.

Fields knee was bum as well last night. About 80-85%. When he’s 100% his mobility is off the charts. Great player just probably not quite Trevor Lawrence great. Pretty crazy that they grew up 20miles away from each other in the same graduating class.

I dont care, whoever Bevell wants…get him. Whether it is 1st round or 7th round, get him his guy, his project.

I agree. I count 6 players in yesterday’s game that looked better than him. Plus Young has been quiet in his last 3 games: 0 sacks and 5 tackles over 3 games