So, #2 or #3 draft pick

I mean, look at the Browns. All those high first round picks and the talent they have on that roster.

This game is all about your Head Coach.

I’ve found that the best way to scout a prospect is to watch actual game film. Reading scouting reports is pretty useless, just a bunch of people rehashing each other over what someone got from a highlight reel. I’m sure the real scouts do more, but I don’t think the average Kiper/Mcshay type do.

I’m sure I will watch more film on Thomas as more becomes available. I watched his ND film but would like to see him against better competition.

I think Brown is the best prospect, but you are right about positional value. Really hoping for a trade down.

I actually agree with this too. If Young falls then take him, if not then take the OT.

I haven’t played Madden in about 15 years. Madden is no Tecmo Bowl.

Just to be as clear as possible, I only think there are 2 prospects in this class worthy of the #3OA pick. Therefore if a QB hungry team in the top ten offers us a nice trade package I think it would be wise to accept it.

one trade down at 3 is a real possibility. When people start projecting a string of trades, that’s when it becomes ridiculous.

Slay got a signed jersey from Aaron Rodgers, wow, what team do you play for buddy…

Also Damon Harrison was in tears from the terrible year he had. All that holding out during training camp etc is biting him in the butt.

1 Like

Do you think Herbert is rank that highly by QB starved teams? Tua not only not declared, but still has injury histories.

I will be interested in your thoughts on this if you have time to watch more film on Thomas. Brown would fill a huge need, so this is going to be interesting.

I fully agree here, the coach changes everything. And just like you, I consider Peyton Manning to be the exception of all exceptions that would have been a great player and winning tons of football games regardless of where he went. With Peyton it was more than just talent and how he played, he literally lifted up the entire rest of the team and put them on his back in a way few football players have ever done or would ever be capable of doing. Its interesting that his dad said that New York might have been one of the few places he couldn’t make it, because of the size and personality of the city would have “eatin him alive” because Peyton cared too much about what people said or thought. He said Eli was better suited for the city because wasn’t concerned about those kinds of things like Peyton.

As far as Belichick, trading multiple 1st round picks for him was crazy bold but its paid off big time.

I think there may be teams that will have Herbert as their #1 player in the entire draft. When personnel guys draw up what a QB is supposed to look like, its Justin Herbert.

1 Like

Glad we are seeing eye to eye. Grabbing a LT or DE or CB or WR etc… does not excite me in this draft. Even though I am sure I will follow it, I have gotten more wise through the years. Any of those players won’t push us into a playoff team.

I would totally trade multiple first round picks for an amazing coach like that.

Keep an eye out on Tampa for a trade up too.

I also think, that while Bevell is still here with us, we should think about drafting whatever QB he wants, be it in the first or fifth round, and letting him make it his project to develop him.

Notice I am not bashing Stafford and saying we should trade him just yet, blah blah blah. Because I agree, he is the best we have ever had. But I just think, that while Bevell is here, we should definitely consider drafting HIS QB that he thinks he may be able to develop.

There is no substitute for watching the film IMO. Like you said, highlights are misleading and draft profiles are often times created from one game or just highlights, and they are copied from one another. One thing I will say is that Kiper and McShay do appear to do film study…eventually. If you watch their later mocks and rankings, they tend to move to coincide with what someone who has watched the game film would do (moving guys up or down). The best example of this concept was Bjoern Werner. If you watched highlights and just watched his bowl game, he looked like an animal and sure top 5 pick. Then his draft profiles matched that sentiment, and called him a “high motor guy with limited athleticism.” The problem people saw when they actually watched the film was…he was a damn good athlete who was lazy as hell. LOL. Later in the process Kiper and McShay finally got to their film study (or whomever they pay to do it) and they started moving Werner down in their rankings.

1 Like

1 Like

CHAMPIONSHIP!

1 Like

Do you really think they can get from 14 all the way up to number 3?

Maybe not to use but to another team in the top 10

Yeah. I could see Herbert being right down Arians’ alley

Exactly what I was thinking too.