So Davante is tagged. What now?

Agreed… but I think that the deal may end up like Trent Williams’ deal.
It is “effectively” a 3-yr deal… but tack on some high-priced years at the end of it with zero guaranteed money… which allows him and the agent to claim they re-set the market.

Here is Trent’s breakdown… and just imagine adding $5 million to each year.
This $138 million deal would become a $168 million deal for 6 years ($28 mill/year)
but the team could get out of it after 3 years and $75 million.

1 Like

So the good news, packers are screwed long term. Everything I’m reading, watching etc the packers are realizing their window is 2 maybe 3 years and then they are in trouble so they are pushing all their chips into the middle of the table for one more ride. So yeah, go ahead sign Adams to 30 a year……it’s gonna blow up soon enough.

1 Like

I hope they suuuuuck for several decades!

1 Like

They’d be crazy to not go for it while they have Rodgers. He’s a super rare talent. The Love pick, wow that was bad.

2 Likes

The Packers must have Marty Byrde as their cap guy.

2 Likes

It’s part of why they are f-Ed. They wasted those picks to go get Love and now he isn’t going to play in Green Bay. They picked rodgers over love……I mean who wouldn’t, but it’s going to come at a huge cost to the team long term….and they know it.

Not long enough.

1 Like

your’e probably right → the rest of our lives, anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It cost them a 1st and 4th for Love. Those could have been impact players, and they might not have lost in the playoffs the last 2 years. Both years they lost in real close games. Looks good on them.

They might be able to get a 3rd rounder back for Love in a trade.

1 Like

Rogers is playing, he’ll play.
That’s a big pile of money. Maybe work a deal next year.

apparently…, a plane ticket to Vegas!!!

5 Likes