So much for top 3 pick

I love you even when you’re desperately wrong.

That last drive was iconic.

Dude was on the street a day ago. Comes into a nationally televised game with virtually no practice time of consequence, and balled out on the final drive.

Not saying he’ll even have a team next year, but that drive was ridiculous. And it was virtually all Mayfield’s arm.

5 Likes

And a horrifically dumb personal foul by Tillery That dipshit would be suspended for a game or two, if not outright cut, if I was head coach. That was the linchpin that cost the Raiders the game. The Rams would’ve had third and 19, instead they got a first down +15 yards for pure idiocy. Just think, that play will change the outcome of future draftee’s lives. Carter could have come to Detroit to win SuperBowls and now will be stuck in suckitude in some other city.

According to Elias Sports Bureau, the Rams’ 98-yard TD drive was the longest go-ahead TD drive that began in the final two minutes over the last 45 seasons.

4 Likes

I agree who would have thought we woukd get top ten but i started jumping on the top 3 hype trian and i usually dont get to wrap up in the emotional side just try to enjoy football for what it us

1 Like

Much can change between now and April.

Also, if Carter is the unstoppable beast everyone thinks he is, and we’re supposedly a contender next year, then that’s the moment you use your trade capital and move up to get someone like that.

3 Likes

But this was funny …

(15 minutes later)

10 Likes

As long as the Packers are still in it, Rodgers continues to play. They have a chance to improve to 6-8 in their very next game, which is against the Rams. I don’t think he sits until they’re eliminated, which may actually help the Lions in game 17.

2 Likes

And maybe it’s that type of play that made the Chargers decision to cut a former 1st Round pick, despite the Chargers being thin along the DL, so much easier.

4 Likes

And the sad thing is that they were a hot team coming into the game.

Turned out they’re pretenders, not contenders.

1 Like

It all felt very Lion-ey to me. LOL. And the funny part was the play was typical Lions by the Raiders and the outcome of the game that did not favor our draft status was so Lions as well.

1 Like

That crap tillery pulled… classic schwartz lions and that dude deserves to be cut for thar crap. You got a sack, the clock is running and you pull that garbage comeon man

1 Like

Of course it was. Lions don’t have great luck with insane historical anomalies like this. SMH. Unreal

2 Likes

3 would be nice but I’m ok with top ten. We need talent all over the board. We can still get impact players outside of the top 3. Plus, you never know how the board actually falls. Which players may slide.

2 Likes

The mutha effers are already afraid of Detroit. They know what Carter and Alim would do. They’re not going to let that happen.
If we get Carter and a stud ROG, we own the league for 3-5 years.

3 Likes

Don’t worry boys . We finally have a GM. It doesn’t matter where the pick is he will hit gold .

4 Likes

When the Raiders had that 3rd and long at end of first half…
I was hoping McDaniels would call something safe because I just had a sinking feeling that Carr would throw a pick and give the Rams some momentum. It happened, and I suspected that would be the difference in the game. Such a bonehead play….

3 Likes

With both the Texans and Panthers needing QBs, the Lions may get Carter anyway in the 4-5 range.

6 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It’s Friday December 9th at 11:31AM EST and Derek Carr still sucks at football.

2 Likes

lol, that pick in the end zone was one of the worst I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

It really was. Just one of several turd moments in a ridiculously unfortunate series of events required to allow for the dumbest comeback ever.

1 - Turd of an INT keeps it at 13-3 into half.
2. Turd knocks ball out after play.
3. Turd jumps offsides on punt!
4. Turd commits unnecessary PI.
5. Turd calls play for safeties to huddle on center of field, in order to allow receivers to run free 1 on 1 on the outside.

If just one of these stupid moments doesnt happen, we aren’t talking about this today.

4 Likes