Some of you might get excited

He’s not a fit for this scheme or culture

Quick take: it’s a troll job.

1 Like

yup

I’d say trolling. He couldn’t get out o DET quick enough. Why would he want back?

1 Like

100% trolling. His team’s in victory formation for crying out loud. He’s loving every minute of it.

1 Like

I always hear this, but his sister was always the one with the mouth. But I’ve never seen anything ever said/posted by him saying he didn’t like being here. As a matter of fact the only things I’ve ever seen posted by him has been positive of the fans and city. Bottom line is he followed the money like many before, and after. You can’t really fault a guy for maximizing his value while he can. It’s just how the world works.

2 Likes

Totally disagree on both. He is a hard worker, is rarely hurt and is always in great shape (saw him in the Minny airport a few months back and he’s a freaking rock). Look what we paid Mike Daniels. Is he Snacks? No, he’s a 3t that can flex to 5t. That is exactly what Suh is and he can also hold the point at nose if necessary. I fully believe both Harrison and A’Shawn are out. So we need some human beings and Daniels won’t be one of them unless he fully gives a hometown discount. Even then you don’t want to count on that guy as a starter. Suh would be great here, again. We have a lot of cap room and he would improve our pass rush and run defense from second one.

5 Likes

Exactly. Continuing to push his money to the end of his contract, killed our ability to negotiate. Because his final year HAD to be exceeded by 5% even if we franchised him and his last year was so expensive so I guess we could sign guys like Chris Houston… that adding 5% to that put him at like 25M to tag him. So he tested the market and the market paid the crap out of him. It’s just unfortunate that Mayhew also didn’t pick up Fairley’s 5th year at the same time and we lost both of them. Then we brought in an aging Ngata that had no pass rush in him and a raw rookie 3t from a small school. We didn’t blitz LB’s so dat was dat.

1 Like

Same reason he left. $

1 Like

There’s a reason LA didn’t resign him, he’s not a fit for a 3-4 scheme. He likes to freelance too much and rush the passer… 2 things the scheme we employ doesn’t ask its DL to do. He’ll probably sign with Seattle

Wonder if he could take over romeo’s spot if snacks came back a 3 man line of suh/snacks/flowers could be interesting

And all of those moves should have culminated in replacing Suh and Fairley with Donald. We knew we weren’t bringing Fairley back and it was obvious the cost to retain Suh was going to be more than he was worth. It just makes the Ebron pick even worse.

2 Likes

I’d love to have him back (at a fair price, of course). I never once had a problem with him other than a few dumb penalties that he seems to have fixed.

5 Likes

Love him …SUH is more than welcome here. He fits what we do, or better what we need.
He is multiple and his strengths would show themselves when we need to get pressure on passing plays , can hold his ground and shed to make the tackle in the run game . Can play the 3 and the 5 and would be an asset with Hand.

1 Like

It is possible to “like the fans and the city” while also not liking the organization that you are playing for. I think it is important to remember that Suh was about his brand. There is nothing wrong with him being about his brand and good for him that he could make money of his name, but doesn’t help his brand to trash people who might be potential investors in your brand. Suh is very close to his sister as she was essentially his business manager. It wouldn’t be the first time an athlete let their reps do their talking for them.

He ain’t trolling, he’s fishing. For the biggest contract he can get. Nothing like trying to stir up some competition. It’s just business, really nothing personal.

2 Likes

What is Aaron Donald? What is Mike Daniels? What is D’Shawn Hand? They are all guys who rush the passer from the interior, and can play heavy DE role in our scheme. That is what Suh could be for us, but he’s stronger than all of them to both hold the point against the run and still pressure the QB from the interior. Not all the DT’s we employ are Snacks Harrison or A’Shawn. We do not run a strict 3-4. We run a hybrid defense that thrives best with versatile guys who can play up and down the line depending on the situation. Suh is that.

5 Likes

Aaron Donald is not the same kind of player Daniels and Hand are. If you think those 4 are all the same kind of player, then I’m not going waste my time explaining how different they play and how they do or do not fit our scheme.

1 Like

Yeah, but, Fairley only played half the time.
We should have kept Mosely.