Some of you might get excited

Agree to disagree. He did not play 3-4 DE at Nebraska. He did not play 3-4 DE in Detroit. He played 3-4 DE LAST YEAR in Tampa. He CAN do both because he has DONE both.

1 Like

As a 3-4 DE, what technique would you say he played the most?

In the same T he always does …but with different responsibilities based on 3-4 or 4-3 .
That’s not really the point. He was tasked with 2 Gap responsibility in the 3-4 often or attacking one gap on passing downs or in run blitz with a reduction slanting weak or strong side .
The point really is he is more than capable and in the video above I posted he is at 1T

Patricia the genius should have no issue implementing a SUH, if SUH wanted to be here …“If” is the key.

Interesting.

And which 34 defense that he was in was a 2-gap 34? Was that Phillips or Bowles? :wink:

The snap you showed of him over the center is about as common as the snap I can show with him as a LB.

I will say that TB did move him more than his previous stops. He actually played the 3t on the right side of the lineup. LOL

Seriously, yes, he can move around some. Yes, he’s better than any D-Lineman we have. No, he’s not going to play 1 week as a 5t and the next week as a 3t or 1t the way Patricia would task him. It’s all moot anyway. He gone.

If Patricia asked him to do this then Patrica should be fired . That’s why if you sign a SUH and he does one thing real well you let him do it and find a chess piece elsewhere.:wink:

Hahahha every DE in a 3-4 is in a 2 gap system , the point is Suh was schemed to one gap from the 3-4 DE and also while playing 5T tasked with inside outside responsibilities …the ultimate point here is SUH is plenty versatile , hell I watched the Game vs the Colts this year with SUH dropping back in pass coverage and thought what the ■■■■ is Bowels doing .

1 Like

I’m not a huge Tampa fan, so I didn’t watch but one game. But you are moving the goalposts. Now it’s going from he’s NEVER done it, to well he doesn’t do it all the time. What I’m telling you, is IMHO he could play the exact same roll that Hand does here which is inside in a 4 man front and outside in a 3 man front, but do it better. I could be wrong, but to act like Suh hasn’t done anything other than what he did at Nebraska and Detroit, is simply inaccurate. He has indeed played 1, 3 and 5 in his career. So he has moved around, and it’s not crazy to think he could move around here, where we would actually do that much more than the base 4-3 teams or base 3-4 teams he’s played for. We do both and yes so could he.

1 Like

Where are you getting this? Patricia moves guys around from snap to snap depending on down, distance and tendencies. Sometimes it’s right, sometimes it’s wrong and sometimes it’s right but our guys don’t execute. But If we did bring Suh in, like I said, he would do exactly what we do with Hand, but at a higher level.

That’s it. That’s his spot. TB moved him to the right side, but the same technique. Can you find a 0,1,5,7 or MIKE snap? Sure. But he’s still a 1-gap 3-tech. That was his spot under Schwartz, Washburn, Phillips and Bowles. When it wasn’t his spot under Coyle, he went rogue. Report: Ndamukong Suh ignored defensive coordinator's calls Sunday - CBSSports.com

Suh is Suh. Freak of nature. Built like a bull. Stubborn like a bull. Slap, club, rip, get up the field.

What Hand, Daniels, Snacks and Flowers does is truly morph from 1-gap and 2-gap responsibilities. Are any of them better than Suh? No, but that’s not the same as saying Suh would come in and play their role. Suh would come in and do what Suh does. Needless to say, Suh is not returning.