Some sad news regarding our friend, RickOShea

Sorry to pass along the news that our friend and long-time forum member @RickOShea has passed away. He messaged me not long ago, informing me that he was sick and didn’t have much time. He did share in August he had stage 4 stomach cancer. Unfortunately, I was able to find his obituary posted tonight. Due to privacy, I’m not able to disclose much more, other than that Rick (not his real name) was a diehard Lions fan, contributor to this forum, and was really hoping to see this team win a Super Bowl in '24.

Maybe an important reminder in these crazy days that this life we have is uncompromisingly fragile, and that this forum is first and foremost a community, and though the Lions are the connective tissue, our bond actually traverses everything from players to coaches, GMs and even ownership.

Thinking of his family and friends in this time.

Nate

41 Likes

Aw man, that sucks. RIP Rick. Prayers for his family :pray:

4 Likes

Thanks for passing that along.

3 Likes

RIP to a great man. Loved reading his posts.

Hug your loved ones daily everyone.

6 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this. He will be missed greatly. Condolences to his family.

2 Likes

This is going to take time to process…

Thanks for letting The Den know.

At a loss, gut punch.

5 Likes

Ugh. I hate this news

2 Likes

Oh man, that really sucks. Condolences to Rick and his family.

■■■■ Cancer

3 Likes

Damn. Sucks to hear that. Condolences to his friends and family.

2 Likes

RIP sorry to hear this news but thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Such sad news. Prayers for peace for his family. R.I.P.

3 Likes

That sux. Not a great way to end. Beat cancer.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear this. Will keep his family in prayer.

3 Likes

I liked that guy, RIP my brother

Thanks for posting Nate

4 Likes

My goodness. Sad to hear. Searched the board to see it was talked about when I was on hiatus.

When we are called to part,
it gives us inward pain;
but we shall still be joined in heart,
and hope to meet again.

We’ll meet again, my brother. May God bless your family with His love and peace in this time.

10 Likes

Rest easy, such a horrible disease.

3 Likes

Condolences to his family

I know it was stage 4, but i hope he passed away in as little pain as possible

3 Likes

Thanks for the update, he was a very knowledgeable poster and I enjoyed reading his feedback…will definitely miss his insight and wisdom. RIP brother… :disappointed:

6 Likes

Rick was always a solid contributor, which means absolutely nothing right now. Because we know he was also a big family guy. Deepest condolences to them.

At least we know he has the best seat in the house right now for the Lions’ games for the rest of eternity.

And ■■■■ cancer.

11 Likes