Someone at my work tested positive for Corona

The lady who just died in Pontiac Michigan was related to one of my wife’s coworkers. She was 50, diabetic and a former smoker who was vaping. She died about a week after getting it.

Yeah, lung damage preexisting seems to be an issue.

Is anyone else thinking about the elephant in the room? No NFL season?
Has that been discussed here? I don’t read all of the threads.

I have a good friend who has it and she’s going through hell. She says it’s far worse than anything she’s ever had, the flu times ten. She’s been really sick for about five days now, no let up. She’s a day younger than I am (mid-40s). Scary stuff.

1 Like

Prayers for Snags and anyone affected by this virus!! I feel fortunate my work (FCA) decided to halt production and shutdown all the plants!! It was just a matter of time before the virus would’ve been in my plant if it already wasn’t!!!

That’s ok, the draft is our season! Nothing else matters…

2 Likes

Yeah, I was thinking maybe we’d get the trophy this year for winning the off season.

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s quite likely that they’ll at least play the games with no attendance, maybe not at all. This virus will most likely subside during summer and return in the fall.

1 Like

China had no new cases for two days in a row. So maybe it’s running it’s course.

Assuming you can believe their “news”

3 Likes

Ohio win this one too https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/03/ohio-has-247-coronavirus-cases-compared-to-787-in-michigan-compare-timeline-of-restrictions.html

Ohio doesn’t have Detroit…

How many test has Ohio run vs. Michigan? The # of confirmed cases is heavily correlated to the number of test administered. Ohio’s governor, in a hyperbolic speech last week said he THINKS Ohio had over 100,000 cases in his state

Never have yet…

2 Likes

China is one rung higher up on the “Believably Ladder” than North Korea

Remember back in 1994 when Kim Jong-il shot a 38-under par, 34 over 18 holes with 11 Hole-in-Ones…IN HIS FIRST EVER ROUND OF GOLF!!!

The PGA Tour players were lucky he was too busy running North Korea to come over and dominate the PGA

2 Likes

Why are you trying to apply logic to an illogical situation?

I didn’t hear or see the speech, so I don’t know what he said or implied that kind of number means or should mean, but a 1% infection rate at this point does not seem totally out-to-lunch.

Point is that when ESPNBaby tries to say “how few” cases Ohio has to make a point…it probably isn’t accurate. This is probably closer to the truth and destroys the whole “Ohio only has 247 cases” so they are better than Michigan argument.

The truth is, as you pointed out…a 1% infection rate is easily believable both in Ohio and Michigan

Hope all here and their families come out the other side in good shape. It will change the world as it already has to some degree.

On a Lions note…if they postpone the season here is the letter season ticket holders will get from the lions.

We are sad the season is getting cancelled. INTERNAL THOUGHT…It will cost us millions

We will graciously hold your deposits and apply them to next year. INTERNAL THOUGHT…the owners are not going to mention interest. That will cost too much.

We wish the best for our players and their families. INTERNAL THOUGHT…those son of a bitches will be a year older and probably won’t be in good shape when they come back.

LIONS FAN’S THINKING…we are stuck with Quinn and Patricia another year!!!

Had to add some humor. We will survive this.

2 Likes

Have you thought about that you possibly didn’t get it from this lady that tested positive because you got it back in January and are immune now?

I have

In fact I hope that is true to be honest