Sorry traditionalists, more NFL games will be streaming-only this season

Oh i have my sauces

this is what I do. The bar or pirate it. NFLBite has always worked well for me

If they dont’ want us doing it, they shouldn’t call it “internet piracy”…cuz what man doesn’t want to be a pirate?

2 Likes

I only control the remote for 3 hours a week September through January anyway so the TV is all but useless to me this time of year. I’m a over the air guy so paying for it is nuts to me and if the league goes more to ppv, I will go more to radio broadcast which I prefer in a lot of ways anyhow.

Also tell Goodell to get off my lawn
GIF by Giphy QA

2 Likes

TV?
I have two kids still at home and rarely see them, well, daughter works for me so there’s that.
I think we have two 65 or 70" tv’s that my wife and I will watch shows or movies on together. The rest is in my office with three monitors(biggest monitor is 32") even during football season I watch everything in my office or at my buddies brewery.
Point being hasn’t been a tv remote battle in years here.

Everybody knows the answer to that…

Mike Tyson Boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

4 Likes

Yeah, that would be a lot cheaper than paying for a subscription.

Hungry Night Court GIF by Laff

Happy Hour Drinking GIF

I would rather use that money for wings and beer and the comradery of my fellow Lions fans. It is like being in the game chat only in person.

2 Likes

Part of the issue for people like you…is people like me (sorry). I gave up traditional cable to get my TV thru places like Amazon. So when they stream games there, its an added benefit to something I am already paying for.

I have Amazon Prime because of my wife…she shops too damn much! :rofl:

2 Likes

PPV killed boxing. It will do the same for football if the NFL isn’t careful.

Boxing went PPV for the same reason. The immediate money was incredible but what they failed to realize is PPV killed their growth and future.

2 Likes

PPV didn’t kill boxing…MMA killed boxing.

2 Likes

Depending on the game, so was Nam

PPV for boxing was in a different world. Streaming is the present.

MMA definitely has taken over for it, but it was absolutely in decline due to PPV for all the top fights and that was before MMA took off.

What killed boxing was greedy promoters signing contracts with HBO and Showtime that guaranteed title fights. Promoters had to make sure their fighters had titles to honor the contracts. So there were less unified title fights for fear of losing the contract if you lost the title. So then they started creating new titles instead of just WBC, it was WBA, NABF, IBC etc. Then adding more weight classes instead of just middle weight there was a super middleweight. So then you could have 6 or more different titles for basically one weight division. They all kept their titles and would not fight each other. Pay per view actually brought some boxing back by making big fights happen again it just cost more to see it.

1 Like

So does this make it easier, harder, or stay the same to watch games on bootleg, er… I mean “offshore” websites?
Asking for a friend of course.

Very good post. As a casual boxing fan I couldn’t keep up with all of the different titles and all of the weird matchups. So I lost interest.

1 Like

I have friends who watched every 2023 Lions game and majority of their MLB teams via “streams” that they don’t pay for.

I liken what they’re doing to what NASCAR did.
Keep the consumer guessing or put featured games out of reach and they’ll stop reaching.