Sounds like Amendola is going to team up with Brady

Again NY Amendola was 22 yards away from 700. I bet you $100 bucks that had Stafford BEEN playing all season Danny would have had 700 yards if not more. I get that you think he is getting too old , AND your ready to move on, but that does not change the fact that who you replace him with should and better get 700 yards that Dan VERY easily could of had (OR) that next WR is NOT an upgrade. I don’t think Amendola is elite for cripes sake, but he is not a bum either. BTW trend show players can play into their 40’s IF they choose, so they are not dead at 30 years old . YOU want him gone, I get it. doesn’t mean I have to agree with you or just GOT to draft a WR this offseason or anyone that doesn’t follow that mindset is just dumb.

drop the personal attacks or thread goes away.

1 Like

Team up? Like start a senior league or something?

Here’s some bullshit stats for you …

Amendola had 97 targets

Hahahahahahaha yep this post by you only further proves it. I will deal with it by laughing at the nonsense you spew .
Amendola is what he is . A complement possession receiver who makes good on his targets in the very best of situations in 2019 . You are, what you are…a moron.
In our 3 wins Amendola accounted for 4 receptions per game , 44 yards rec per game and 0TD’s …
Mr Clutch D.Amendola is one of 32 WR’s that had 97 or more targets…
His 97 Targets and 36 first downs were one the fewest first down totals ranking him 30th of 32 . He was right on par with Curtis Samuel and DeDe Westbrook in 2019 but those guys pitched in 3 & 6 TDS …
The same goes for his receptions totals and yard totals, of the 32 receivers that saw that many targets he ranks 30th of the 32 yet again …
You are not capable of backing up your take because the take is wrong, Danny is not what you pretend he is …not anymore anyway .

Go back and read it Weasel …this was not started by me .

Never said you were dumb Cub …
Once again you focus on the yard totals . I said earlier, target a WR that many times he will deliver some yards . Danny is replaceable , literally no WR with that many targets did less than Danny Amendola in 2019

Ok now who was throwing the ball to him, does that stat say he had 3 diferant QBs throwing to him. And David Bough at that. So is there a difference between Stafford throwing the ball and David Bough ?

This is as bad as trying to quote how bad our DBs we’re , without considering how bad the pass rush was. Lols

OK, but doesn’t matter. thank you both for your mindfulness after.

1 Like

Yes lets continue with me backing up my opinion , let’s see you (Tcmouse) do the same …

In the 7 games he played with Stafford he was targeted 44 times and had 31 receptions for 476 yards, Staffford got the best out of Amendola no doubt and those stats show you that …

Look closer though, Amendola did that damage in 3 games with Stafford, 139 offensive snaps, 32 targets for 304 yards on 23 receptions…we were 1-1-1 in these games he was stellar against the Giants

The other four games he played with Stafford he vanished and we were better for it , Danny had 117 snaps, only 12 targets with 8 receptions for 72 yards…in these 4 games he vanished we were 2-2 , losing by 1 pt to Green Bay and by the Raiders marching down the field on the last drive of the game .

Look a little closer on the season as a whole and you see that Danny had 4 games total this year, in which he really did anything out of the 15 games he played in …in those 4 games we were 1-2-1 and Danny was targeted 45 times and had 31 receptions for 406 yards all against teams with the 31st, 30th, 28th and 15th(Vikings) ranked passing Defense …

The other 11 games Amendola played in he was targeted 52 times & matched his reception total of 31 receptions but only had 272 yards receiving.

Danny light up the worst teams & did squat when he faced harder Pass Defenses, this was true regardless of which QB was throwing him the ball .

Those pesky stats again you hate , showing why what you see in Amendola is just a mirage .

just read ESPN top 100, Danny Amendola ranked 54th out of that 100. which means he was better than many other WR’s in his first season as a Lion.

That’s great Cub …ESPN sucks.
Danny was not ranked 54th as an overall receiver , he is ranked 54th for total receiving yards in 2019 ,He is ranked 44th in yards gained for a WR …

What is WolfCub’s opinion on Danny and why ? This reoccurring weight you give the yards stat (For RB’s as well) with no care for how they got the yards is mind boggling.

I would like to see Amendola back as he is a good fit. It would be significant to see a WR like Jeudy come in and give the offense a WR with the ability to separate! Only a FA period signing a couple impact defenders would allow it.

Those first 8 games or so, it was different receiver making big impacts. My guess it was game planned that way to exploit a defenses weakness. You have to admit though, Danny Amendola made some huge impactful catches to keep drives alive and score touchdowns.

Arizona: Amendola and TJ had over 100 yards receiving.
San Diego: Kenny G had over 100 yards receiving.
Philadelphia: Marvin Jones had over 100 yards receiving.
Kansas City: Stafford spread the ball to everyone
Green Bay: Kenny G had over 100 yards receiving
Minnesota: Amendola over 100 yards, MJ at 93 yards.
New York: Kenny G over 100 yards, Amendola 95 yards.
Oakland: Kenny G and MJ over 100 yards receiving

The receivers numbers drastically drop once Driskel and Blough were QB.

1 Like

That’s what I’m trying to tell New York, u see it and I’m sure others do too. But with out a stat he doesn’t get it and goes on rants that his facts are facts and everyone else is just talk.

WRONG

2019 Lions - 571 Passes, 407 Rushes
2018 Lions - 574 Passes, 404 Rushes

We ran the ball 3 more times than we did the year before Amendola played. Not sure why we need to fabricate false info to prop up a player. He is a nice role player. 700 yards is cool, but he scored a whopping 1 TD. I would be fine with keeping him for another year if possible, but he’s not irreplaceable.

More fake news. You’re trying too hard, cub.

First 8 games: 39 targets
Last 8 games: 58 targets

He did have an equal amount of catches in the first half and 2nd half (31), but his targets actually went up without Stafford, which makes sense, because bad QBs tend to check down to safety valves much more than gunslinger types.

he was 22 yards short of 700. but splitting time with Golladay, MJ, JD Mckissic , Chris Lacy, and Marvin Hall…not mentioning TE’s and RB’s. NY asked what my opinion was?

My opinion is NY , that Danny Amendola is a useful WR , our #3 behind Marvin Jones. there is no reason to get rid of Amendola and draft another WR for the hell of it. that’s my opinion.

why? you asked me why? why what? yes you can break down how and when any player got yards , I mention total production yards and you have an issue with that. why because your trying to point out what a useless player Amendola is?? or how he is SO old he should be replaced? why do you continue to nitpick and bitch about a player that is useful? just because you want him replaced? I don’t get you . and YES I state WHO was throwing the ball because half the time, it wasn’t Stafford OR CLOSE to him, that is why NY.

good point but I think that Blough and Driskel went to Amendola more often because he catches damn near everything…so in times the had to get rid of the football and he was open they quickly went his way more. safety-valve type situation.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s called football. Every team has a handful of WRs, several RBs and a few TEs that they spread the ball too. That isn’t unique in Detroit. He is a nice veteran possession slot receiver, but he and his ONE TOUCHDOWN are not hard to replace.

never said you just can’t replace him, I said why would you? I am not crying about the 1 TD , that’s just the way it went.