Sounds like Amendola is going to team up with Brady

Because it’s his choice, not yours. We can’t just tell him to sign here. He has 31 other options and probably 28-30 of them are better options here. You know, maybe he wants to play in some meaningful games before he hangs up the cleats. That isn’t going to happen here under this regime. We would have to severely overpay him to keep him from going elsewhere, in my opinion.

The focus on TD’s is ridiculous. You have to look at the overall impact a player has. Amendola was by far the WR that got the best separation which allows Stafford to get the ball out on time to move the chains. He also opens up room for Golladay and Jones keeping the defense honest.

As does any solid slot receiver, which is what DA is. Nothing more, nothing less.

Slot WR’s as effective as Amendola do not grow on trees.

Yeah, they kinda do. 600 yard, 10 ypc, 1 touchdown WRs aren’t that glamorous.

1 Like

severely overpay him is just a guess from you IF we keep him , It’s Quinn and I have no damn idea what he’s going to do but, you don’t know what our front office is going to pay him if/when he is retained. either. this whole time spent arguing about Amendola is sorry ass.

He is not a bad player…

Never said he was a bad player, so stop with that. I see no reason why any player in the last years of their contract would want to play in Detroit (with no chance of winning) at a discount. In order to get free agents to come to this circus, we have to over pay them (see Flowers, James, Coleman, CJ Anderson).

Amendola was a solid signing, but ask yourself, if a legit franchise offers him a contract, do you think he would re-sign here for the same money? I would say the chances are south of 1% he signs here without being paid at a significant premium.

1 Like

That’s what you are trying to tell me ? What? I showed you everything I possibly could …
He was not an impact player …He was not the great safety valve …

He disappeared for 11 of his 15 games in 2019 , 4 of his disappearing act games were with Stafford at QB .
In those piss poor 11 games, Danny avg 2.6 receptions per game , with 24 receiving yards per game which is puke and can be easily replaced for 1/3 the price.
You have not backed up a single word you have written…

Yes the receivers numbers dropped once Stafford was gone, that should be a given and understood.

…You want to give this fact extra credence, (Stafford was out) yet you want to dismiss that Danny’s numbers and production were shit for 4 of the 7 games he played while Stafford was healthy and Danny was not being targeted because of his lack of separation … How does that work exactly ?

Danny had 4 good games, all against the easiest pass defenses in the NFL and racked up near 70% of his total production in 2019 in 4 games played…Danny is not Tate , Danny is replaceable.

1 Like

No chance of winning?? man each season is different. if we get our defense notably improved to go with a pretty good offense, we can do things. it all hinges on what Quinn does OR doesn’t get done.

we could move the ball in 2019 but had no help from our defense , in turn we didn’t go far. expected when half your team isn’t playing well.

IF we get that defense improved even 20-30% , that will be a help. but I don’t know what will transpire.

1 Like

Yeah…No…Dont move the goalpost now… What you said Cub, that I disputed was…

Danny’s production is replaceable, we do not need to land some “BEAST” as you put it (Which is what I was disputing)
Yards, Yards, he had almost 700 yds …He had 670 yds on nearly 100 TARGETS… Cub targets are chances… Literally speaking …FACT Danny was damn near the worst WR in the NFL ranking 30th in yards out of 32 WR’s with that many targets, his receptions at 62 were 30th out of 32 for receivers with that many targets. His TD production for WR’s with that many targets dead last 32 of 32 WR’s …his first down receptions he was ranked 31 of the 32 etc, etc…

No WR did less than Danny Amendola did with the amount of targets he received in 2019 at the WR position .

Lol, yeah. If we have a good defense and a good offense, we can do things. Said every Lions fan for the past 60 years. Problem is, our defense was the worst in the league and we may very well lose Slay and Snacks. Yes, we will add bodies, but thinking we can turn this disastrous defense from worst to decent is a stretch.

I appreciate your optimism and I suppose anything can happen, but when I look at the defense alone, I see more key holes to fill now than I did a year ago. Not to mention on the other side of the ball our QB and TE group has ENORMOUS question marks going into next year.

Slot receivers that avg under 3 catches per game , and less than 25yds per game and 0 TD’s over an 11 game span are a dime a dozen …JR meet Danny Amendola of 2019

1 Like

I’m not arguing. you and NY found somebody else to whine about than Stafford (for once) good job. you tell me how many yards and that a #3 WR is supposed to have in a season. IMO hugging 700 ^%$# yards isn’t "throw the bum out ! " but you two can’t help but whine about something or your not talking.

then you whine about a player who ‘might’ want to leave a franchise that will never win. gee that’s original . and why? just so you can get your way and Amendola is gone. If you two hate the team and everything about it so damn much go cheer for a team that already won bowls or sum shit . you don’t convince me of anything except that your both approaching troll status with Iggy & ESPNbaby. I say that I like Dan Amendola and think he will/would improve here and you get your nuts in a twist jesus %#@!

Just stop making stuff up, cub. Nobody said throw the bum out. I said I would be fine if he came back, but he’s not irreplaceable. He’s a decent slot WR. Nothing more, nothing less. 700 yards and 1 TD on a team that sucks and lost 12 games and played from behind a lot isn’t all that impressive. You get overly dramatic with guys who simply played a role on a terrible team. If it were up to you, we would never get rid of anyone or try to improve upon the awful team we have.

Well what u said isnt exactly true, the big defense this year for the coaches was we lead every game. We really didn’t play from behind that much, we lost games at the end when the defense would just fold up.

lmao, if it were up to me we would never get rid of anyone !? now that made me chuckle.
lets see who I can remember I didn’t want here past or present, or “as long as we held onto them” anyway.

a. Eric Ebron
b. Kellen Moore
c. Kyle Vanden Bosch
d. Mikel Le Shoure
e. Logan Thomas
f. Theo Riddick
g. Charles Rogers
h. Aveion Cason
I. Jon Kitna
j. Jhavid Best
k. Cliff 'I’m worth 30 million Avril.
that’s to name a few I can remember though I’m sure there is like a dozen more I would-have gotten rid of.
again , my memory is a little iffy since they were digging around my head trying to remove that brain tumor back in the day.

1 Like

Haters hate bro! :exploding_head:

Besides them digging around in that noodle you have …are you hitting the glass pipe on the regular?

I’m a troll? Hahahahaha…When and if I ever whine or complain about Stafford as the Lions QB it would be the very first time. Not a person on this board (Maybe JR) has more love for Matthew Stafford than I do .

You seriously just make shit up as you go along Cub …
This is a call out Cub …find one single post of mine saying anything negative about Matthew Stafford ever…I’ll wait .

You have no clue and can not comprehend your own stance, never mind anyone else.
The constant nonsense about yards that you continue with even in this post by you is numbing.
You do not grasp remotely how they are achieved and make no attempt to understand the validity of how, when and why they are attained .

Him having 670 yds is just plain crap Cub . You do the same shit with RB’s .

A # 3 WR is a name. No set precedent on yards gained, but his targets should reflect his #WR designation.

Amendola’s 670 yards for a #3 WR is not impressive, not without more info and how they were attained Cub, which is apparently irrelevant to you as you give that no weight .

Not a soul here was whining or bitching . My very first post in this thread about Amendola was clear . Amendola is not a bum , he is WR that could be a key piece if used sparingly .
He is not a #1 or #2 WR , he offers nothing more than being a chain mover with little to no YAC and if used correctly should see no more than 50 targets in a season at this point in his career .
Him moving on if it happens is not a huge deal , No BEAST would have to take his place …

Amendola had 62 receptions in 15 games, that’s 4.13 receptions per game.
Marvin Jones had 62 receptions in 13 games, 4.77 receptions a game.
Kenny had 65 receptions in 16 games, 4.06 receptions a game.

Golden Taint averaged 4.09 receptions a game.

I think Amendola is a decent #4 or #5 WR but we need something more out of our slot guy IMO…but he’s not awful like you’re trying to make him out to be either.

TBH, I don’t get the “targets” stat. If a QB throws his way but is a bad pass, is that a “target”?

That’s actually the point here , it’s the production gained, based off of the targets you see & receptions you do make, efficiency with those targets and how the stats he accomplished were generated …

Yes and no …a QB does get TA (Throw Away) numbers but targets are based on if the ball is thrown to you good pass or not …When it comes to possession receivers like Amendola, the chances of bad passes are much, much lower than for a Golladay. Amendolas catch % was puke for the role he played in the offense …fact is he was just not as open as he should be .

I broke it down above earlier, Amendola did his thing in 4 games and 11 sucked his avg is way skewed.

You can’t be the #3WR slot guy, who is supposed to be the steady, constant, high % target , possession WR he is supposed to be and not when the avg yards per target was like 6.9…That number is horrible …Make no mistake the run game effected Danny’s lack of production , no Stafford certainly did as well and being a team that could not stop any one did as well .

Danny is not horrible , Danny is old , Danny had a skill set that was heightened by playing with the Patriots offense and team . A team that was often playing while ahead , that was unpredictable , that had a running game and real respect for PA … Danny’s stats this year show that as well , his best work came when he was less likely to be the target and did worse when you targeted him in likely situations .