Sounds like Amendola is going to team up with Brady

you do know that Amendola played in Miami in 2018 right? and we did run ‘more’ in 2019 as I said.

I think you’ll find that Amen’s production was better when one or both of the other WR’s production was down and vice-versa. I agree that I’d like more out of our slot receiver but it’s hard to run a “high octane” offense when your go-to guy is approaching 35 years old.

This is true … but the slot guy should always be steady and then have up stat games .
When you take what you said (I do give it weight) you cant then dismiss that Danny accomplished his main numbers in 4 games all against the worst of the worst pass Defenses…When that was not the case, his 11 other games were bad . Danny at the right price should be a Veteran presence teaching a new guy the ropes . Danny was not remotely a $5 Million dollar player at this stage of his career and not when the youngster that will proceed him is likely not on the roster

This response was not to me …But what does this even mean ? He makes no reference to Amendola being here in 2018 .
We ran more in 2019 as compared to what?
Fact is Cub you made the argument about his yards showing his value …understand it had no merit …You then get pissed off because I want your take on Danny, the value you saw and only wanted it because you posted some nonsense about Danny being the 54th ranked whatever by ESPN …don’t read me some nonsense stat that I already now , not unless you are going to break it down to support the take you have.
Then you switched it up to be about a bunch of other crap that you made up that did not take place and was never said …still waiting on my hate Stafford posts for you to pull up.

Danny had 13 receptions versus Minnesota last year. How did their defense rank?

I know, I that was the one good defense he did well against …but still.

A lot of good rookie receivers last year, we need one this year.

Yes I referenced that already and the 13 receptions Danny had were from 2 games combined against Minnesota …mostly dump offs etc .
His other 3 games he light it up against the worst pass defenses …He was a hell of a player in the Giants game I gave him his props for it .

The main point here before this thread took a dive… is if Danny wants to go with Brady so be it , he was not special , not at all , he is to old to count on and we need a real talent , young guy that just gets open …You can’t go down field and be explosive unless you can count on the Danny role guy being clutch and a high % target to bail us out when we do not connect on the longer routes . He was not reliable and not that guy .

Where do you get your stats? 62 catches is nowhere near less than 3 a game. Stafford being out affected lots of numbers, which have little to do with how valuable a guy is. He is the only guy that routinely gets open in that WR group. If it were easy to find these guys we would have one every year.

OK NY I got caught up in the troll comments mostly ESPN baby , Iggy , Big ten. YOU are a Stafford supporter, my bad I apologise.
And those final comments were to Big 10 as HE said I was wrong about rushing more in 2019.
he made some point about 2018 while he & I were talking Amendola…but Amendola was in Miami in 2018…that is what I pointed out…wasn’t pointed at you. again , I was out of the drivel at like 3PM this afternoon and came back in the Den at almost 9PM to see posters STILL bickering .
you and I were discussing Dan Amendola at length and then like 3 other people chimed in and things got mixed up. and yet again someone said “if it were up to me I’d never let players go or try to get better.” so I gave out a few examples whom I would-have parted with, and then again the discussion went on lol…heck I wasn’t even here for almost 5 or 6 hours. but it’s OK. I do happen to agree with you about Brady & Stafford and that talk weeks ago though.

Big deal. Maybe then some of his 97 targets can go to our 8OA pick TE. Marvin Hall and your 4.28 speed, come on down. Most people here were very ho hum at best about the Amendola signing. Right up until Stafford/Bevell made us not miss Golden Tate with him. It’s not that he’s amazing. He’s good and took advantage of a great QB and scheme for him. Dollars to doughnuts he never has as good of a season anywhere as he did right here with us last season. Yes, even with the GOAT if that happens as he had more seasons in NE where he did not do as well statistically as he did this year being an older player.

3 Likes

JR read what was wrote, my stats are near spot on … and this idea that he was getting open on the regular is absurd . No guys that get open are not easy to find …agreed , point is Amendola is replaceable because he was not that guy either .

Okay Cub …We chat I get it …

Still this crazy weight given to yards without nothing else involved is nutty …example I can say the same statement and contradict my self and mean it both times : Why ? Because more info is needed .

I want no part of KJ rushing for 1600 yds next season.

I would love it if KJ rushed for 1600 yds next season.

YPC is everything as well as attempts Cub on a play, per play basis .

If KJ accomplished this feat on 320 attempts I’m loving it 5.0 yds per attempt

If KJ accomplished this feat on 457 attempts not so much and not remotely sustainable 3.5 yds per attempt

That and how and when also plays a huge part even in the 5.0 yds per carry scenario … even if the carries are low and he attains the feat , how did he do it ?..Was he carrying the ball 19 times a game for a some what even avg of 2.0 yds per carry, for 38 yards and every game at some point he would bust off one carry for for 62 yds netting him his 100 per game in the sixteen game season ? Again this is not impressive especially in losing efforts and when those stats say he is a 2.0 yd per carry back that gets lucky once a game …Stats are not everything , very important Yes but also diving in as to the why and whens …is everything

Amendola was the only WR on the Lions that could consistently get open. Part of that is much easier being in the slot, but he has a long history of beating coverage and getting open.

1 Like

any recent news confirming that Dan Amendola ‘is’ leaving the Lions…ask bc this thread is perhaps a week old. ??