Sources: Jets ask Packers if Rodgers available

Rodgers has reached that stage where he can’t outplay his bullsh*t. Some desperate team paying up huge for him would be the worst possible case for us. I hope we don’t get Russel Wilsoned on this one. I want Rodgers to retire a Packer.

2 Likes

For sure… Jimmy G gets hurt more than any other QB in the nfl. He’s a bandaid, short term fix kinda guy. Not a long term answer at QB.

Yup that’s what he is now, a bridge. And you are right, if you sign Jimmy counting on him being the guy for the foreseeable future, you won’t have a job in a year or 2.

2 Likes

I completely agree, prefer he’d stay in GB and they get nothing for him. However, he’s 39 years old with a massive contract, what are they realistically going to get for him!? Wilson was about 6 years younger at the time of the trade.

He was also league MVP 2 seasons ago. And they’ll justify it by comparing him to Brady who had many good seasons after age 39. I hope not but it worries me.

1 Like

Jets: Hey is Aaron Rodgers available?

Packers: Ah, yeah…but I think you are going to need a flashlight.

2 Likes

That’ll be the Packers point of emphasis for sure. Although the other teams will be saying we have to take on his ridiculous contract and he was showing real signs of regression this past year. I think the Pack might be limited to 1 first rounder. I don’t see them getting multiple 1st round picks for a dude that turns 40 during the 2023 season.

Another factor is which teams have the money available to make that trade!? He’s due like 50 mill next season I believe.

I think Russell Wilson was showing signs of regression too. He was a heavy runner in his youth playing behind a terrible o-line and he was never going to be a guy that played well until 40. Rodgers has done a pretty good job avoiding the unnecessary hits and I think he’s maximized his career length. He’s just not cyborg like Brady is.

Considering we are talking about Erin Rodgers, it will probably be sent to a guy.

Wait, I’ve been told it’s super-easy to just go draft a superstar QB.

WTF are these other teams doing?

1 Like
2 Likes

That is a move I haven’t previously considered. He isn’t a big enough name to completely remove Zach Wilson from the equation, but is good enough to compete for a wild card spot if he is their starter.

From what I have read, Saleh is not ready to give up on Wilson. Bringing in a guy like Tannehill and having Wilson “win” the starting spot may be a way of bringing up his confidence a bit while also humbling him.

If they got Carr or Rodgers, Wilson is 100% the backup.

1 Like

That would be a wise move on their part. They could win 11 games with Tannehill and won’t have to give up much at all.

1 Like

Agreed. May not give them the ultimate ceiling but if they’re sticking with Wilson, he’s the exact kind of QB they need to come in and take the reins for a year.

2 Likes

10% of the time it works every time! It’s science.

Would we be assuming the titans are rolling with Willis then? Or will they have another guy in mind? Garoppolo makes some sense but that’s really just a lateral move from Tannehill.

the days of being afraid of Rogers are OVER! No way he comes back to the Vikings, he knows that his daddy is in the NFC North.

I’m with you! But history repeats itself…guess how old Favre was when he joined the Jets!? He was 39 years old, guess how old Rodgers is right now!? He will be a Vike for sure in 2024 at age 40 after 1 terrible season with the Jets. haha

1 Like

Olivia Munn says Aaron is available.

Olivia Munn Dancing GIF