Sources: Jets ask Packers if Rodgers available

I look forward to watching Matt LaFluer realize he isn’t actually that good. The same for the GM. Drafting a backup QB in the 1st round was definitely a rocket scientist move by them.

2 Likes

Zach is due $3.8 mill in 2023 and $5.4 in 2024.

I don’t think any team wants Zach as their starter in 2023 but as a back up with a possible future…someone might give up a 3rd day pick to get him (or they may just wait for the Jets to cut him).

1 Like

rocket fail GIF

2 Likes

What are you talking about.

Getting a bean for Erin and having a rookie-contract QB?

team winning GIF

Groovy

1 Like

Is anyone going to pay $27 million in base salary for Tannehill?

If not… does he agree to trade and restructure…
or ask for his release?

He’ll be 35yo before the season… coming off an awful njury plagued season.

1 Like

At QB? Maybe? That’s probably about an average price for a starting QB and I’d call Tannehill an average starter, so the price doesn’t seem too overblown. But yeah gonna have to go through some rigorous medical tests.

I just don’t think Tannehill is anything special or worth 27 mill. He had a career year in 2020, but Henry was running wild, went for over 2000 yards rushing and that really helped open things up for Tannehill. He’s been trending back down to career norms since. For most of his career, he’s been around a 90 QB rating type guy. And the injuries are adding up.

Jimmy G to Packers

Compared to what?

Saleh needs to keep his job. So it’s going to be one of Rodgers, Tannehill, Carr or Jimmy G.

Carr is going to coat significantly more than 27m per. Rodgers obviously will.

Jimmy G would be the one potential palatable option that might come in under 27m.

I think they give Love a shot. Jordan Love not the concept of love. We all know that Packers are loveless beings.

1 Like

I think Carr is there best option. He’s at least been very durable in his career and he’s a lot younger than Tannehill or Rodgers. Jimmy G is not old, but if you tickle him, he gets injured.

1 Like

I think Carr gets 40m per

1 Like

Tickle Me Garoppolo

Could be right, he’s still only 31. You could argue that’s a QB’s prime pretty much. And when you see the money that dudes like Murray and Wilson got. 40 mill for Carr is probably pretty accurate. 3 years - 120 mill or something like that. Is he worth, not really sure. But somebody going to pay it.

Usually he breaks ribs when you tickle him, but shit the full arm in a sling, must have been an aggressive tickler.

Didn’t the Raiders pretty much just say they’d rather have nothing than Derek Carr? That’s not even a throw in, in the Stafford trade. That’s just yeah we’d rather have a little cap space than your sorry behind.

I used to consider the fact that Harrington never got injured a negative.

2 Likes

The Raiders bungled the situation so badly. If they just ahut their pie holes and let Carr finish the season then they could have picked up his option and then moved him. Probably for a 2nd.

4 Likes