Stafford and Goff stats

Lols

You think we just lost Elway.

Lols

Do you think the Lions were going to win a playoff game in 2021 or 2022 if we stuck with an unhappy Stafford?

It’s possible this was a true “win-win” of a deal. We moved a player that wanted to be moved. We moved him quickly to a team that is built to win now. Great move for Stafford and the Rams.

Goff was going nowhere in LA, but the kid still has potential. The change of scenery could have him playing at a solid level in 2021 while we build our defense. The Lions picked up a pair of 1st round picks (even if low firsts) could net a couple of solid young starters. Great move for Goff and the Lions.

win-win

2 Likes

What does this translate to?
Done being mindful, polite, and respectful?
Why would you not want to treat humans like humans?
It’s being completely irresponsible to let emotions run us.
It’s irresponsible to project onto other people, but it’s also irresponsible to to OURSLEVES. …I should note, that only applies, if we want to be happy and productive in the world. …otherwise, keep insulting people who disagree with you.

Intelligent thinking seeks truth and doesn’t believe it knows everything.
Unintelligent insluts those who disagree and resides in arrogance.

I’m not saying you are doing either. Being honest doesn’t mean not cordial to other people. It’s not an either/or situation. The bully is truly the most insecure person in the room. The bully is triggered. The bully is allowing his anger to run the show. Why? Because some dude with a funny internet name and a goofy picture doesn’t have the same favorite QB as you?

Some of us really could use a shot of self-accountability, a little humility, and get over ourselves.

1 Like

I’m done being nice to slappies and people that openly suggest i have a learning disability*

I’ll still be perfectly polite to people that are to me.

Basically, I’ll be who I’ve always been but troll back at the trolls rather than trying to encourage rational discourse.

“Some of us really could use a shot of self-accountability, a little humility, and get over ourselves.”

This is precisely what I’ve tried to encourage over the years I’ve been here. It didn’t work, unfortunately.

I think you can have a win-win and still think the Rams came out ahead.

Most of that has to do with my lack of trust in the Lions organization overall.

This is the fresh start all parties probably needed, but if I’m forecasting not just the next two years, but even across the next 5, I see the Rams in a better position. Now, it’s possible Matt doesn’t last that long, I get that. But if the Rams have one or 2 Super Bowls, I have a hard time believing the Lions are even knocking on the door.

Of course, that doesn’t mean I won’t be hopeful. It doesn’t mean I won’t be excited when the season starts, because the Lions have ruined me and my emotions and ability to be a rational thinking human.

1 Like

This is what people say to try to detour the fact you were so wrong. I’m not a wreck just pointing out how my wrong you were, and try to compare the 2 with out the difference in the coaching and rosters. Hell you 2 smart guys can’t tell the difference between the two coaches and roster. I’m good with we what he got it. But you guys were saying how we wouldn’t get much. And were wrong about almost everything you have said about Stafford. But we’re delusional lol

Sorry, but this is all your opinion… It’s not fact based. You think Goff and Stafford are the same player? Well, the rest of the NFL disagrees with you. Do you honestly think we could trade Goff right now for a 1st? Bc there were a half dozen teams ready to give that up and more for Stafford. The Rams gave an extra first to get rid of Goff bc he and his contract are so bad. Goff is a below average starter who had an above average team and coach. Stafford is above average who had a below average team and coach.

2 Likes

It is absolutely just my opinion. 100%.

No need to be sorry. I base my opinion on the facts i see though. Not emotion.

I think the lions just made a great deal and the rams didn’t.

100% opinion. I think the rams made a huge mistake.

No, we couldn’t trade goff for a 1st. His arm isn’t as pretty and he’s not coming from a team that is constantly regarded as garbage + people love mcvay. The narrative is too damaging for him to be worth anything in a trade.

So will Stafford’s after s few years with the rams

1 Like

That post was not just to you - and if someone is calling you names, they get to read the post too. Be mindful of how you define “slappy”. Right now, I’m pretty sure you are calling me a slappy, as I disagree with you. How is that different than calling other names?

Hold yourself accountable, man. You are doing the same thing you are accusing others of.

This is the “I know you are, but what am I” argument. Complete waste of energy, time, pain in the ass for Mods, etc. Pure ego.

Not unless you want to be happy. Being in control of your emotions give you peace. You know this is right. So many times, people bypass, in order to justify the story they want to be true. Just because it’s how you feel, doesn’t mean it’s true. don’t let your emotions run you, brother.

1 Like

I don’t think you’re a slappy. You’re one of my favorite posters on this board, actually.

Well you haven’t been right about anything else. But keep trying. Lols now your smarter then mcvay now.

So how are they they same when we could get THAT much for Stafford, but we couldn’t get 1/3 of that for Goff?

1 Like

Lols. Good one!

Narrative.

Goff fell out of favor and is on a good team that didn’t perform well enough (false narrative = it must be goff’s fault so he’s not worth anything).

Stafford is on a historically bad team but has such a beautiful arm so if someone could just get him out of Detroit he’ll be awesome. (False narrative. Stafford is who he is and the rams will soon find that out while we’re making mid 1st round selections for the next few years on their dime)

It’s all about preception. The lions just cashed in on false preception. That’s my opinion after 13 years of watching Stafford.

Thank you, buddy. So important for people to communicate. If we all knew each other, we would all love each other - I promise it to you and everyone else.

1 Like

I like Stafford.

I actually like Goff, too.

Those stats absolutely do not tell the entire story.

Jared Goff had Todd Gurley and a great running game to protect him.

Matt Stafford had…yeah.

1 Like

Well, your perspective is your own for sure and doesn’t align with professional talent evaluators… But you do you sir

1 Like

I’ve preached that for years and agree.

Truthfully, I know it all will sort itself out, and if you are right - BOOM! Extra high picks for Detroit.

I’m hoping he succeeds, because I really love the guy as a human, a professional, a family man, a community leader, etc.

Aside form that - I want to trade out of 7 and get a Nice haul. I want to trade Goff and get a nice haul. I want to sign’n’trade Golliday and get a nice haul.

Just create tons of cheap, young, talent for the future.

2 Likes

I really hope Marvin Jones follows Stafford to LA.

2 Likes