Stafford and Goff stats

Love it - so important to know we are talking to someone’s dad, son, neighbor, husband, etc.

(I’m out of likes, so I’m gonna be responding more - LOL)

Spot on man! Couldn’t agree more. Excited to find out.

One of the smartest offensive minds in football thinks stafford is much better than goff. How much better? 2 firsts and a 3rd better. I will put my money on his evaluation over people on this board talking about meaningless stats and win-loss record

3 Likes

fingers crossed, man!
End up with 3 firsts in 2022, several picks in the first 3 rounds over the next few years

1 Like

Im all about the future and getting two first rounders and a third is a good start, imho. Im not a Stafford hater, I really enjoyed having him here and he played some great games, also played some really bad ones too, just saying. There was a window when the lions could have contended for a Championship with Stafford but that window closed couple years back. The Goff vs Stafford thing really is inconsequential in as much as Stafford did the best thing he could possibly do for this team, which is ask to be traded. This trade benefits the Lions far more than if he had stayed. We lost Barry and Calvin and got nothing, at least with MS we got a nice haul, not even counting Goff into the equation. And now the Rams are set up to go seven years without a number one pick ! sooner or later that’s gonna catch up to them. Its superbowl or bust for them in the next two years. maybe they can pull it off, who knows? but they are taking a huge gamble.

I don’t mind being wrong about not getting a first round pick for Stafford, and said that I hoped the Lions would fleece a team. Though strictly speaking 2022 and 2023 1sts aren’t as valuable as a first this year. The value chart has the 2022 comparable to a second this year and the 2023 as a third…Still a great deal for us

Everyone knows Goff was in a better situation than Stafford. But who knew you would get so triggered by simply posting a stat comparison?

On a side note, I’m happy Stafford has been traded. He wasn’t going to lead us to success. Also don’t worry, I know you’re heartbroken now, but I’m sure you’ll find another qb to become obsessed with soon.

I’m not so sure Stafford was unhappy and wanted to leave per say, but maybe more along the lines of him not wanting to go through another rebuild with no end in sight due to our cap/draft situation. Kinda like “hey guys, can you please let me go play football somewhere else while I still can? I’m not getting any younger” lol

1 Like

It should also be noted that trading Kelly for Christen is a big net positive

1 Like

I respect you and your opinion.

This take is going to change dramatically over the next 5 years. Book it.

And your opinion of stafford is absolutely influencing why you think this is a bad play on their part. But the dudes calling the shots think they win a super bowl with stafford. Maybe the “slightly above average take” is off? Just saying…

1 Like

It could be. I could be wrong.

I could soon find out that stafford was actually favre.

I feel confident hes not though. I feel confident about my opinion but yeah for sure i could be wrong.

1 Like

No! You can’t have an opinion. You must bow to the superior thought. :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It will be interesting to see what happens. Fun to watch.

1 Like

Well, I DO prefer brunettes :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

See just like you don’t understand the difference between the coaching and roster and things.
You can’t tell the difference between obsessed and not blaming him for everything, the poor coaching staff ,lack of defense and other things that play into a QBs success.

That’s gonna be tough. Stafford just went to a more difficult division than the NFC north.

One Stafford was going to get traded any way, so getting what we got is a win for us.
Two if LAR wins a superbowl it’s a win for them too
Three getting 3 more picks without having BQ doing it could be a win for us.
Four we don’t need to draft a QB, and if Goff sucks we can replace him with a new qb and cut Goff.

Easy killer

The Rams went to 11-5 and 12-4 in 17’ and 18’ respectively. The Lions went 9-7 and 6-10.

8 wins apart.

17’ and 18’

Rams D- 11,169 yards allowed and 713 points

Lions D- 10,989 yards allowed 736 points

So the Rams allowed more yards, and their D was less than 1 point per game better than Detroit.

The difference?

Goff had a top 5 OL in the NFL those years, and Stafford had a #16 and #11 those years

Goff had Watkins/Cooks, Woods, Kupp and All Pro Gurley

Stafford had Tate, M. Jones, Golladay and no RB to speak of.

IMPORTANT PART-

2019 the Rams saw a BIG decline in Gurley, their OL went from top 5 rated in 2018, to “#31” rated in 2019. They also had nagging injuries to all 3 starting wrs all year.

So in 2019 the Rams lost their MVP play at RB, had nearly the worst OL in the NFL and the #17 ranked D. They still went 9-7.

Considering how quickly this trade happened, and how freely it was discussed even a month ago that the Rams had given up on Goff, how do you think the lockeroom vibe was for him this year?

THEY LOST THEIR DC- THEIR DB COACH, THEIR DRAFT GURU, AND THEY HAVE NO MONEY OR PICKS!

Their OL will likely lose one, if not both of its best players. Their D will lose one of their top 3 players.

Stafford is walking into a 2019 Rams situation, not a 2018 Rams situation.

This is the same Rams franchise that gave up a ton of draft picks to trade up to get Goff in the first place. They WANTED HIM BADLY!

The same Rams team that went to a Super Bowl with said QB and then decided to give him a huge contract solidifying their evaluation and signaling their intent to build around him for the future.

The same Rams team that traded away said “future” to the tone of 7 consecutive drafts without a 1rst round pick.

The Rams are a good team, but they don’t have a Super Bowl to show for any of their “smartest minds”. They have been just 1 of 31 other losers every year in the NFL.

They may with a championship with Stafford. But they could’ve also made a huge leap for a QB, gave away a ton of assets…then look back in 5 years and have nothing. And by nothing I mean no rings.

This same Rams team made a big leap for Goff. They evaluated the talent then went and got him. They paid him big money…and here we are in 2021…looking back 5 years…this “smart” Rams franchise hasn’t won any rings.