Stafford - AT&T commercial

Rold gold - we have a pretzel for every occasion!!!

2 Likes

Its a dig on Detroit the organization, but a love for fans. He got want he wanted, and we still dont got what we wanted. I have no issues with it.

All quarterbacks throw pick 6’s and fumble the ball. Some teams have the ability to cover for it. Just like dropped passes, missed tackles, penalties and blown coverages.

And just so there’s proof that there is at least 1 outlier for everything. Its Seabiscuit!

chicago bears football GIF

GOAT!!! Stats proved it!

Favre and Stafford have the most pick 6’s ever in history and they have both won super bowls… so maybe the pick 6 is actually a blessing in disguise.

I think that speaks to their longevity. The most pick 6’s in a season was by Famous Jameis Winston. But the one pictured here was the most epic. It was a pick 6 in overtime for the final play of the season…to give Jameis the pick 6 record for a season…and it gave him his 30th interception.

2 Likes

Some of it is longevity. But, Favre and Stafford are gunslingers through and through. A lot of high risk/high reward throws leads to throwing a lot of pick 6’s, but also a ton of TD’s.

And yea Winston sure can throw picks! Although, he was much better last year with the Saints before the injury. 14 TD’s and only 3 picks in 7 games.

The problem is that Trubisky’s so bad, he doesn’t throw any TDs to his own team, either.

2 Likes

The Saints hardly threw the ball though last season. They figured the way to prevent Winston from throwing picks was to not allow him to throw.

Look at his yardage totals last year in the games he played:

He also only went over 25 attempts twice. The Saints really used him as a pure game manager last season.

3 Likes

Good catch, I hadn’t even noticed that. His passing attempts for the first 4 games of the season were around 20. And when you are in a situation where you throw 5 TD passes with only 20 passing attempts, its going to heavily skew your TD/INT ratio. And looking closer he had 9 TD passes in only 2 games.

1 Like

I thought it was classy. I thought it was interesting that Detroit was the #2 Super Bowl market for ratings. They had more viewers than LA. Only 2nd to Cincinnati. And just barely. People in Detroit wanted to see Stafford win. Imagine what the ratings in Detroit would be if the Lions ever made it.

1 Like

I thought it was shit at 1st. Now i kinda dig it. Think staffords love the fans in Detroit a lot.

They didn’t have their #1 WR all season last year either. Now, they got Michael Thomas, Jarvis Landry, and Chris Olave, I guarantee they will be throwing the ball a lot more this year.

If they throw the ball alot they are screwed. Even on Jameis TD passes he showed sketchy timing, slow reads and issues throwing off platform.

1 Like

They will have to throw it a lot. Otherwise Thomas and Laundry will be crying in the media non stop. You know that’s true. haha

Winston did pass for 5100 yards in 16 games before, which was 9th in NFL history for yards in a season. So I expect those WR’s to put up some decent numbers for the Saints. It’s just the interceptions that kill him.

That was his one year with Bruce Arians.

Carson Palmer also threw for over 4600 yards in that offense and Brady threw for 5300 in it.

Risk it for the biscuit. Winston did risk it often…lol - Brady is the complete opposite of risk it.

1 Like

Winston’s interceptions were not related to being too aggressive. They were bad throws and terrible decisions. Some of the bad throws will always be a problem for him because he’s not very agile and is more of a “pitcher’s mound” kind of thrower who has issues with his ball velocity and placement when he can’t get on the “pitcher’s mound.” It reminds me of Byron Leftwich in that regard.

1 Like

Which is funny because…

1 Like