Stafford is struggling

Yeah, there is something about being rich and raw dogging a hot cheerleader every night that turns off my sympathy meter for playing bad.:joy:

But seriously, its painfully clear that the Rams absolutely have to have a downfield threat to make that offense work. Having Todd Gurley was great but without that element, the rest of the offense doesn’t click right.

2 Likes

The Rams Oline is a shambles due to injuries. They said during the broadcast they’re on to third and fourth different guys in positions. Multiple positions.

Stafford also looks like he’s throwing more throws from lower arm positions. I wonder if that’s to help protect his elbow a bit.

The Rams won the SuperBowl. They can have an off year. I wish Stafford good health, but I’d love for that Rams pick to be top 10 (5 being really greedy) somehow. They have a brutal schedule.

2 Likes

I do think Van Jefferson being On IR is hurting them, He is their big Deep Threat.

Arob looks fucking washed and honestly im glad we didnt sign him, even if chark hasnt been producing much, Robinson looks flatout bad.

Again, the offense as it is now for the rams cant beat the top of the NFC, their defenses (Something we need to just be bad/mediocre at) can cause massive issues.

Defensively, their LBer core isnt the best, and secondary you literally just throw opposite site of Ramsey, or you do screens on his side of the field. Front 4/Pass Rush is still good though when you have Aaron Donald and Leonard Floyd

2 Likes

4 Likes

What is going on with A Robinson. The guy is non existent and can’t seem to get on the same page with Stafford.

I wonder what the updated draft order will look like. We could have two top ten picks! Although I think we may end up with two picks between 10-20 when its all over.

2 Likes

Not having a first round pick for the last six years is starting to rear its ugly head

5 Likes

Said in another thread

legit would trade one of our firsts and our 2nd for Fred Warner tbh

The issue is that their 2021 2nd round pick WR is a healthy scratch and is not good at all.

So it def is rearing its ugly head lol

2 Likes

The Rams should drag Golden Tate out of retirement for a little while. See if they can get something cooking with him and Coop until some of the other guys get back.

Stafford is Stafford. He’s not having fun.

1 Like

I love Stafford. I’m glad he got his ring. But I’m fine with the Rams going 5-12 this year.

11 Likes

Rams are last currently in terms of Big plays on offense so far aswell

https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1577289525637808130?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1577289525637808130|twgr^6fdbf51c06941f4e16328bda9e459e9fbc61f6e9|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fxvfwvh%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

1 Like

I look at it this way: dude got his ring. He deserved one. He earned it. That alone won the Rams the trade. In a league where we still have teams that have never sniffed the Super Bowl ( :wave:), that feat was rather unreal when you zoom out. I’d give every No. 1 pick Detroit has ever had just to SEE the team in the Super Bowl. Hell, I might just take an NFC championship appearance.

But watching last night, a few things stood out …
— Their offensive line is the worst in the league, and it’s not close. And they did nothing to shore it up. There isn’t a QB alive that could have done more last night (sound familiar?)
— They STILL don’t have a running game (sound familiar?)
— Something is wrong with Matt’s arm
— Allen Robinson appears to be a bust

Somehow they’re still 2-2, but if I’m a Rams fan, I’m not optimistic. It makes too much sense to shut down Matt, bring him back healthy next year, and go for 2 out of 3—as if that could ever be a bad thing. We get our bean, Rams get their second title.

5 Likes

The thing is

Its Stafford

Man would rather die on the field than sit out

Wouldnt shock me if coaching staff and FO is prolly telling him to get the surgery/rest but hes refusing

Its something i respect about him but holy shit will he need a cane or something in the next 10 to 15 years lol

The Lion made the NFC championship game in 1991. Lost bad.

2 Likes

So, you can’t be a Lions fan and not get attached to players. Matt gave Lions fans more of himself than any other player in the history of the club. You could make the argument for Calvin and Chris Spielman, I suppose. But otherwise it’s just not debatable. When you consider the toll his body has taken, and that he has a young family, there’s honestly a part of me that wishes he would just hang it up. Yeah, beans, sure, because our track record is so awesome but to paraphrase Rocky, Matt’s gonna end up breaking something that’ll never get fixed if he keeps this up.

5 Likes

Thought about that after I wrote it. So, how about every top pick since '91.

7 Likes

Oh yeah i agree

man has given us everything we could ask for honestly

But i really do care for him and i do worry about his body in the future

Hes taken so many hits and i do fear his body will be having significant issues in his 40’s similar to Peyton in his twilight years

2 Likes

I’m good with that

Ironically, us having a second round pick for the last six years is starting to rear its ugly head.

5 Likes