Stafford just turned 32 and this is where he ranks all time. Is he Elite?

I agree on Jimmy and how he would shred a dollar store Banjo regardless…

My argument is not talent driven. Stafford has showed elite play and put stats up to rival anyone . It’s the results and weight of TEAM wins that is absurd in evaluating an individual …Not a sole on earth would give …Team Wins or lack of a Championship… any weight on Barry Sanders being elite.

1 Like

“And the wind cries…Kelly”

3 Likes

Glady …I answer everyone and anyone …first though I want you to explain how the analogy (which was my point)… is reasonable for you to use . I truly find it absurd and you failed to show me in anyway how doing that has merit.

Genius, Incredible, Amazing …Three words that sell Hendrix short .

3 Likes

3:13 mark Billy has a Will Ferrell Old School Black-out when he gets his turn.

2 Likes

It might be easier to sort it out if you just post the Lions Overall Defense and Offensive Rushing rankings over those 12 years.

The reason why the analogy doesn’t work for me is two reasons (and I know it’s not a direct comparison of talent). Hendrix is perhaps the most gifted guitarist of all time (Stafford isn’t near the most gifted QB of all time), I believe he could master any instrument at an elite level (something Stafford hasn’t done with his “Fender Stratocaster”) and it’s an analogy of projection, “if” Hendrix had only the equivalent “The Lions supporting cast” to work with which wasn’t the case.

In any event, the truly elite QBs make the best of their situation. Rodgers never had a consistently great supporting cast, Peyton Manning had some average supporting casts, Brady as well (player personnel). These guys were consistently able to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. These are elite QBs, consistently elite year after year regardless of supporting cast which is what makes them elite.

In any event, I gave my criteria of what I consider elite so what’s yours?
Who are your elite QBs of the 2010s?

Top 5 in Lions history?
NFL history?
Current NFL QB’s?

1 Like

top 5 last few years in the NFL. Again, that is my take. I am not going to argue with the guy who says he is number 15. At this point I am not going to even really entertain those who believe he is worse then that…it is not worth the energy. Anyone who says I am crazy…so be it…I am not going to lose sleep over it…

1 Like

Still focusing on Hendrix …Hendrix talent level was not the analogy and you know that. It was your belief and evaluation process that an elite talent is determined somehow , or made Elite by something other then what they posses themselves. This is what I wanted explained

You still fail to justify the process you use… which is what I asked and you still have not answered? …

The explanation above is a goal post moving move on how you evaluate. It does not support the evaluation process you expressed originally, that I questioned and commented on.
Your very own words (quoted below) shred the… “In any event”… portion (quoted above) of how you broke down the other QB’s and what makes them Elite to you. That is a direct contradiction to the below …

To the question of 2010’s QB’s… define it for me …is a Peyton Manning relevant who played 5 years in the 10’s ? If not give me a cutoff date for the draft year .

So, who is the 4 in front of him then?

who said I believe there are 4 in front of him?

Ok, so list your top 5.

I won’t even continue with the Hendrix analogy because it’s giving me a headache so lets just move on from that.

The question is “Is Stafford an elite QB?” with career numbers given so I’m assuming it’s in regards to his career which encompasses the 2010s so it’s compared to other QBs who were prominent in the 2010s. I gave my criteria for elite so what I’m simply asking you is “by your definition of elite” who do you consider to be the elite QBs in Stafford’s career in addition to Stafford?

For me top 7 Elite QB talents in no specific order.

Peyton Manning , Michael Vick , Matthew Stafford , Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers , Andrew Luck , Cam Newton.

Best All Time Dan Marino

I guess you’ve never watched Mahomes play.

1 Like

Ok, interesting.

I wasn’t rating them on talent, I was rating them based on accomplishments, how good a QB they turned out to be.
If we rate on pure talent, you could put a dud like Ryan Leaf high up there all time and rank Brady fairly low.

Talentwise, Stafford is elite but the accomplishments don’t match the talent IMO. He’s in the Hall of Very Good for me.

I guess you only read part of what was asked …

He specifically said “in the 2010s (disregarding the new crop of guys)”

Mahomes would have been included otherwise :thinking:

1 Like

I agree. Team stats are team stats, and player stats are player stats. If the Lions put a better team around him they would have more team stats. The numbers say that Stafford contributes to his team’s chance to win the games as much as any QB in the game.

Ryan Leaf is a 100% no for me …lacked the mature mental make up of a Pro.

Michael Vick teeters on the line for me… as I’m not sure he took the game serious enough to work for greatness or be ready for the Big Game

Cam Newton for me teters the line because I think he lacks heart and outside influences on his mind in the biggest game of his career proved that for me

Favre if not controlled would have been a teter the line guy

I evaluate with heavy weight on Physical Traits & Arm Talent are a must for me …Peyton had barely enough but his brain game was second to none

Correct I hold Brady nowhere near Elite as a QB talent … A very good QB, in the very best of situations who posses incredible skills & intangibles that fit exactly what was needed and that was tailored to fit him …If I could break it up he would be an Elite QB for the Patriots which makes him elite because of the consistency and size of the body of work

Any of the QB’s I listed win multiple rings in Brady’s shoes

Any of the QB’s I listed keep Mahomes from his ring in 2020 in Garapallo’s shoes as well as win the Superbowl for Atlanta when Ryan failed to , I do not think Ryan would fail now though if put back in that moment.

2 Likes