Stafford played with broken bones in his back

Dude, we had the #2 defense overall, and #1 against the run in 14. Donald would have been a rookie.
I mean, Ebron was definitely a wasted pick, but, Donald wouldn’t have got us over the officials.

Exactly - that defense was amazing.

Farirly and Suh in the middle were nasty. Jones and Ansah on the edges with a healthy Levy behind them. Dirt nasty!

Bad officiating really helped us to lose the playoff game to Dallas.

I am dying for some football …and more relevant conversations. :wink:

I’m so pumped for this season. Can’t wait to get the teste of last season out of my mouth.

1 Like

With Donald, I think we’d have won the division and been playing at home. “just a rookie”? Donald was NFL defensive rookie of the year, made the pro-bowl. The Rams DL was deep and he still won the starting job and played 915 snaps with the same motor Suh had. That line would have been devastating. 3 man rotation with Fairley, Suh and Donald. Come on. No question he beats out Fairley, who we decided to not pick up his 5th year and he even got hurt toward the end of the year, so having Donald has us at 100% (110%) going into the playoffs. Unlike how we were without Fairley.

Sorry, but you’re not sweeping that under the rug with “just a rookie”.

That line would have been historically good. Not just Lions history, but all time league history.

The officials got that one call wrong (should have been offsetting penalties with a call against Dez for unsportsmanlike), but that play call and execution was poor at best. Should have been an audible to CJ. Single coverage by a smurf. Easy first down and then some. I’m certain Rodgers, Brady or Brees would have made that. Stafford followed Pepe-lepew the whole play. If we’d had Donald, on the team in 2014 even with Stafford, no way Boys make that drive or are even close in that game.

Last season?
The last 50!

Whose would that be?

1 Like

LMAO! Good catch. Totally missed that.:rofl:

LOL the lions…since before birth.

I am definitely one of the fans that is upset that Stafford was forced to play with QB coaches instead of real OCs for the last 4 seasons. And yes, our offense was predictable AF. That being said, as you pointed out, you can’t blame the INTs on "knowing the plays. Here’s the breakdown:

1st INT - He made a risky throw thinking he could put it in there or worst case the CB would simply knock it down. The CB made a nice play on a risky, ill advised throw.

2nd INT - It looked like TJ Jones was running a pick route to open up the slot receiver to break outside. TJ did his part and the out route sprung wide open. For some reason Stafford threw to TJ on the in route, and it was clear that TJ didn’t expect the ball. I try to give credit to the QB most of the time, and assume the receiver is wrong. But in this case even if TJ was wrong, he was clearly covered while the other receiver was clearly open.

3rd INT - Its an angle route to Theo. Of course the defense knew what wad coming, and it’s completely on Stafford for throwing the ball there when it wasnt open.

4th INT - He threw the ball into what was effectively triple coverage. Clearly Stafford is to blame on this one.

1 Like

Vinny Testaverde.

3 Likes