Stafford playoff thread

They were 7th in points and 9th in yards and they had trouble running the ball. Maybe it’s because he’s been figured out, but I don’t think so.

2 Likes

Point is how different is that than previous years? And how much further has that gotten them? They got Michel to help run the ball and still are essentially the same…

It’s an improvement over last year offensively. The defense took a step back. It was a rough year in LA with the injuries and COVID. They still went 12-5. Seems like a good year to me.

2 Likes

Until a team can be rewarded two Super Bowls in the same year, anything the Rams do will be considered a failure.

2 Likes

I mean until they return to a super bowl won’t anything they do be considered a failure? That’s the expectation set from their GM on down

1 Like

One day, when I’m sure I’ll be long gone, Lions fans will be discussing how the league has figured out their 55-26 HC after they won the division in his 5th year.

Returning would be a failure.

They are expecting to win it.

1 Like

The Rams don’t play in a dome

Michel does not play at the level that Todd Gurley played at in those times

1 Like

Not at critical spots. I believe Donald, Ramsey, Kupp and Stafford have played every game. No teams is ever injury-free, but the Rams have been lucky in that regard last year and this one. Cam Akers? 625 yard rushing in 2020. Nice, but really. Losing Fuller will hurt this Monday and Rapp probably won’t cleared too, but on balance the Rams have been (frustratingly) healthy. Their OL has seen nothing like the devastation on ours.

Woods was a big loss. Real big.

The losing streak started when he got hurt.

You’re right. That was a big loss for them.

The Rams just won 12 games and yet another division title… and they have only 1 player on the roster that they drafted with a top 50 pick.

caught ted GIF

1 Like

OK. Now do every other team in the playoffs.
Now do every Super Bowl winner.
Now do every multiple Super Bowl winner.

Sorry, but the idea that draft picks are something to be mocked is bizarre.

P.S. If the Rams don’t win it all pretty much this year, they are absolutely ■■■■■■. Why? Because they haven’t valued “majik beanz har-har!”

2 Likes

There is no reason to even look at any other team… bc the Rams exist on their own remote island with the way they have gone against the “established” way of building a team.

The funny thin about your argument is that the Patriots have won more than any franchise in the salary cap era… but trading for established players has been a key to their success as well… and very few of their best players came from 1st round draft picks.

gold digging GIF by Copeland

This is the Patriots team that won three Super Bowls in four years.

No Way Reaction GIF

Draft picks are bad mmmkay.

mr. mackey office GIF by South Park

1 Like

It’s also going to depend on how the rams offensive line plays. They have gotten manhandled in every game they’ve lost. Especially against the physical fronts of the Titans and 49ers.

2 Likes

Lately teams have been valuing their magic beans extremely high. There is always a point where as value change, you flip from one side to the other side. No greater example of that than the stock market. I’m not sure with teams valuing draft picks as highly as they are, Les Snead hasn’t gotten on the right side of this.

You have 31 teams that are valuing draft picks and one team that isn’t, of course every other team in playoffs isn’t like the Rams and of course every other Super Bowl winner isn’t like the Rams.

The Rams will be around for several more years, the team that is absolutely screwed is the Packers, their Rebuild starts in 2022.

1 Like

Of all the aspects of Belichick that are genius, I think this is perhaps the most impactful and difficult to duplicate.

He seems to have an uncanny ability to understand the actual worth and applicability of players, picks, schemes, etc. and play arbitrage with other teams in the league who are overvaluing or undervaluing those same assets.

On the topic of Beanz, I think the league as a whole is starting to catch up a little bit to their actual value as assets relative to established players. I don’t think the view of draftaholics here who wail and gnash teeth over trading a fifth for Trinity Benson is representative of even the most bean-loving GMs out there.

2 Likes