Stafford’s Injury - This could be huge

I’m not betting against him at all. But heart can’t always overcome the body breaking down.

1 Like

Maybe Favre stopped by and shared his stash.

He’s Married. No such thing as a normal life. Lol

3 Likes

It’s a pretty dicey comparison between a major league starting pitcher and a quarterback.

Quarterbacks throw the ball in games about 600 times a year or so, and not all of them Max effort. In fact I doubt it’s even half of them, and the number one Correlation for injury that is use of the arm is velocity.
( The number one reason is actually just how a particular person’s arm is built… If it has more range of motion on your non dominant arm Then you have less likelihood for your dominant arm to have elbow problems. This is because your dominant arm probably started out the way you’re non dominant did and then through professional training you’ve been able to even increase that range of motion. Likewise if you have very limited range of motion in your non dominant arm it means you’ve got more work to do with your dominant one and probably less ability to handle all the stress.)

So quarterbacks throw the ball you know 3 or 4000 times a year including practice and maybe maybe a quarter of those are full effort.

MLB pitchers are throwing 3 or 4 times that figuring in weekly throwing during the season and 6 weeks of spring training, with the majority of them being at full or near full effort.

Hiw many QBs have had a UCL tear? Not many. Orders of magnitude fewer than MLB pitchers.

I tend to believe the tendonitis diagnosis.

2 Likes

Married with 4 daughters. The poor guy hasn’t gotten a word out at home in years.

5 Likes

By most accounts he was dealing with this since middle of last season. His performance did take a nose dive before the playoffs. He stepped it up during the playoffs and played through the pain, but if it’s hurt all year that’s could mean some interesting ups and downs for the season.

The defense alone and Kupp all but guarantees this is a playoff team Stafford or no Stafford. If it’s an issue through the preseason they should consider short term IR to rest up for the end of the season and playoffs

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve been battling tennis elbow for the last 10 years (but I’m 50 years old, with decades of guitar playing and screen printing pulling ink…and throwing bricks at my tv during Lions games), I get flare ups a couple times a year and have to limit my usage for at least a good 7-10 days when it happens, and it always hurts on some sort of pain scale 24/7, 365. Have had some bad one’s where I had to do some phys therapy for 30 days here and there and actually not use it…I digress, a QB is def not throwing as much as a pitcher, so it can be managed from that aspect, but man, a bad flare up could sideline a QB for at least a couple weeks imo. It’s just not something that goes away unless you give it a breakand treat/rest it, or get surgery. All that said, being an NFL QB with unlimited treatments and resources, it’s probably manageable, given it’s not nearly blown out and just flares up once in awhile.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s going to be anything too serious for Stafford. But, you think they make the playoffs with John Wolford!? I do not. The dude has 0 career TD passes.

You must do a lot of TV shopping. lol

2 Likes

I’m on month 2 of plantar fascitis with a Vegas and Chicago week coming up…

I feel ya bro.

1 Like

I don’t know too much about him. Camp reports say he’s playing pretty well though

he better damn well think twice about that or he will never play again , and have lingering issues the rest of his life. It is one thing to act tough , but what is the cost?

1 Like

ok - im tooting my own here!

i posted on this when he first stated he had to geta shot in the elbow and that it was (His words) not a big deal

and, felt back then, it was!

Don’t worry, there’s still plenty of time to be wrong eventually. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

maybe, but its already had a least a short term negative effect of OTA’s and the start of TC…

time will tell!

1 Like

I give him permission to take the season off and rest up.

7 Likes

That sucks. Been there, have had it in both feet.

I eventually needed the fascia to be “released” to fix it. The first was a DIY job, as I ruptured it playing volleyball. The other was clipped surgically. I recommend the latter.

2 Likes

That is a fair point, playing through pain is admirable at times, but it will catch up to you. Stafford has taken many big hits in his career and he’s already won a super bowl, like @socko said, just take the season off Matty and rest up for the 2023 season!! Magic Bean time!

1 Like

Yeah, that fuckin sucks…I also got a case of the mortons neuroma in my right foot, feels like I got a rock stuck under the mid front ball of my foot. Getting old is bullshit.

3 Likes

This why I love this forum and it’s transparency!

I have a knot of the bottom of my foot and now I think I know what it is and can go get it checked out!

Plus! Maybe!! 1-3% increase on my VA disability

1 Like