Stafford’s Injury - This could be huge

Boy this could sure help out with that Rams draft pick next year. For Lion fans this may work out well. Stafford won his Super Bowl and then helped out the Lions with a top 10 pick. Now I love the guy and hope he makes a full recovery and plays this year. The league is better when he is out there. But if it’s in the cards and it helps Lions then it is what it is.

1 Like

maybe this can be merged with the theead already being discussed…

2 Likes

"However, this is a quarterbacks’ league, and the Rams know better than anybody else that they need a reliable guy behind center to get things done. " :thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe we could trade them Goff for two firsts and a third.

11 Likes

This was the type of injury thing that many of us worried about last year for Matt.
I’m sure he’ll get it figured out but not great news if you’re a Rams fan.

Maybe they missed a couple of the rounds of Koolaid.

1 Like

The way he throws it could definitely effect his game it’s his throwing arm and that shit can be painful and hard to manage.

2 Likes

Wonder if this has to do with Kelly incorporating soft pretzel throwing into his offseason regimen.

3 Likes

He is dealing with a strained UCL. They better be careful with him or he is facing Tommy John surgery.

1 Like

The Rams have mentioned the broad term “tendonitis”…. but have not given any specifics. The UCL is a ligament… so there is nothing to indicate that his UCL is strained at this point.

My “guess” is that he has flexor tendon inflammation, which is common in pitchers… and can then result in a subsequent injury to the UCL.

Here is my post with more info from the original thread discussing Stafford’s injury…

2 Likes

Lions make you throw the remote too many times?

2 Likes

It’s Stafford. He will tough it out.

6 Likes

only if they throw in Stafford

1 Like

It’s probably caused from a tossing motion of some kind.

Oh I like that. Take one of those human-loving tendons from BigNattys elbow and repair him. Balls thrown so hard and with so much love that glitter contrails are shooting out the back and it makes a kissing noise as the receivers nestle it in.

3 Likes

Elbow injuries for a QB are like elbow injuries for pitchers in baseball. Not a good sign for the Rams. Stafford is tough as nails though, I could see a situation where he doesn’t practice during the week and only plays on Sundays.

5 Likes

Betting against Stafford playing is bad bet. He basically has pitcher’s elbow because he’s thrown the ball so much, and so hard, for so long. So, far the only things that have kept him off the field are coaches and being physically unable to lift his throwing arm.

He’s played through having his nonthrowing arm dislocated, rib cartilage ripped, broken back, busted fingers, probably concussions and every kind of soreness there is. I just hope the guy has a normal quality of life when he hangs up the cleats.

1 Like

Glasses Lol GIF by Robert E Blackmon

4 Likes

This thread sounds like wishful thinking.

This was from 10 minutes ago …

8 Likes

If it is truly a Tommy Johns type ligament issue, it’s not going to heal or get better the more he throws. He may be able to manage it with limited use via very limited practices, but, depending on the status/severity of it, at some point it could easily become a problem this season. That said, I wouldnt be shocked if he manages it and get’s through most of the season…he’s def to the point in his career and with the Rams, that he doesnt even need to practice much and force the issue. We’ll see, but accumulative usage and not letting the elbow rest/heal, can be dicey with this type of thing…even playing only a game a week.

1 Like