Stafford streak 161 passes w/o an INT

Thanks, Sleater! Just tryin’ to take the edge off (without having to use beer on Tuesday)!

1 Like

Try ignore for a while.

1 Like

Yepper, Doc! I see some folks that I know I disagree with and just say to myself, it’s not worth it, and move on to the next post.

3 Likes

I do like that.

I remember loving that from Batch when he first came here. I tried to look it up and found this:

Lowest Percentage, Passes Had Intercepted, Rookie, Season (Qualifiers)
1.98 Charlie Batch, Detroit, 1998 (303-6)
2.03 Dan Marino, Miami, 1983 (296-6)
2.10 Gary Wood, N.Y. Giants, 1964 (143-3)

Not bad considering his tackles were a broken a## Ray Roberts and Larry Tharpe… And Jim Pyne at C, dang…

1 Like

Who cares why he posts it? What does motive have to do with facts?

My suggestion would be to avoid trying to guess and/or impute motives. The only motives you can know, through introspection, is your own. Or maybe if the other guy confesses what his motive is.

Seems to me being positive about Stafford is its own reward. It kind of sucks to not believe. It also seems to me that the people who don’t believe in him should get some sympathy because they’re not feeling good about the Lions, or they’re just getting apathetic. Everyone in here wants to believe. Some just can’t.

Getting angry at them is probably the worst way to bring them around to your point of view. It’s just not effective. And if you get angry with them, you end up validating any angry response. Then it’s not fun anymore.

Have you ever considered that every time someone makes a negative thread about Stafford, some Stafford crusaders have to set the record straight? People come on here for a contrary view and a dispute. Dispute free forums? I couldn’t think of a more boring place.

1 Like

Depends on the snake

He shits on the team any chance he gets, so it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what he was doing. I just skipped over it and didn’t engage.

2 Likes

I agree the negativity of Lions Fans is wearing. I am embarrassed by the comments from many Lions Fans as they start out negative and use every possible excuse to further that direction. Stafford played a great game and yet there are numerous posts attacking him? Part of me wishes he could be traded to a city and organization that actually understands what a special talent, player and leader he is. There is no better face of a franchise than Stafford. His support of the community and his behavior is top notch on every level. He has given Lions Fans some of the greatest comebacks and special moments ever in the NFL and yet every time there is a loss the dirtbags just start ranting more and more lunacy.

I give zero shits about what anyone says, in terms of caring about their opinions. As someone who believes in Law of Attraction, I feel like it is the equivalent of praying for us to lose every time they do it, and it’s been going on for decades.

The law of attraction is basically a rework of the old “you get what you give” no?
There’s no doubt life is easier when you’re essentially positive in your outlook. People tend to reciprocate what you put out.

Actually one of the reasons trolls get hammered on …

Ish, yes. It goes deeper than that, but the premise is correct, and like a sub-set of how law of attraction works.

Proselytizing Pollyannas are just as annoying. It seems if you say anything critical about Stafford or think we could do better with another QB that it makes you a target for scorn.

You get the feeling that if they had their way, you’d have this for saying anything bad about Stafford.

Language patterns, communication style, attached picture, all designed to be inflammatory.
Too bad. You’re a smart guy with great language skills and a good memory. You could really add to the experience here, if you wanted to. Choosing to degrade others, vs connect as fans. Fear shows up in many ways. We all make interesting choices in some areas of life. Happiness just seems the way to go, for me.

1 Like

Stafford did a good thing. Would it be so wrong to either talk about that good thing in an honest way, or just stay the hell out of the thread? Coming into every thread to piss in everybody’s cheerios every single time is annoying, and you are damn right he got called out for it. Is he allowed to do it? Yes. Are people allowed to call him out for it? Yes.

Focus not on my motive, but my message. Am I wrong that some of the “anti Troll/pro-Stafford” types go a little overboard as well?

So it’s hyperbole? The point is valid. Pro Stafford’s go just as overboard as “trolls”.

And calling someone else a “Troll” isn’t degrading? Why would I want to connect with someone who is going to nitpick whatever I say for lack of appropriate reverence to the great players who are Lions?

And I find often that the same people who defend Stafford to the hilt are the same ones ready to throw other Lions players so far under the bus that they’re never coming back. I remember the same thing back when Joey was here, so it’s not a new phenomenon. I was part of the contingent that didn’t want him in the draft and thought he was crap. Mob was after me every day “Can’t you just be positive???”

And I’m calling him out for his extreme reaction to negative information. How come it’s ok for one person to “call out” another person, but not for others? 4 legs good.

The topic was “PR from the Lions about INT streak”.

Posting the top streaks ever isn’t exactly unreasonable. I posted about Batch’s streaks as a rookie because he topic made me think of it.

You seem to be advocating allowing the positive people to have a circle jerk without someone going “eeww, that’s gross”.

Some folks are that way on both sides…yup.

Hyperbole? Not by my blueprint of the world…well, it is, but for what purpose? To connect, have fun, present truth…or to inflame?

Mirrors, brother. If you’re not having fun, then WTF are you doing? Same with everyone else that’s all pissed and/or trying to piss others off all the time.

Telling people to focus on message not motive? You can’t tell anyone what to focus on. I’m more interested in people than football. All people get their needs met through their actions. Which needs are you meeting?
Does it feel like a fun hobby, or are you always arguing with someone?

1 Like

This is literally a thread about something positive Stafford did and all you can do is bitch about people who like Stafford.

1 Like

I can tell you whatever I want. You don’t have to listen. But if you get my motive wrong, that’s inflammatory and I will retaliate.

I’ve had conversations where everyone agrees on everything.

3 Likes

In all honesty, I do think it’s a good run and stated that. I also said he had a good game last week and was well down the list of the reasons they tied. Why is it considered trolling to compare a streak to a streak from some of the greats?

If Mike Trout currently had a 29 game hitting streak, is it trolling to make a statement like “it’s crazy that DiMaggio had a 56 game hitting streak”? It just puts things in perspective, that’s all.

Anyway, I wasn’t shitting on the post. I was just sharing some other stats I ran across. Like, I am honestly curious how often a streak like this happens. On the other hand, if I find out it happens often, then I wouldn’t dare want to share that here.