Stafford to the Vikings?

This one would be wild. Weird timing though

https://x.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1848788442827931736?s=46&t=ryFd2VZGT04wwsxUD2r71w

1 Like

Man he truly wants his ass beat by us again this year doesnt he

6 Likes

I don’t believe this for a moment. This would be Atlanta-esque in terms of mis-matching first round pick and quarterback salary.

2 Likes

Darnold to the Rams as part of that?

2 Likes

Kwesi gonna tinker himself into the standard Minny 2nd half swoon

1 Like

There are credible rumors of Kupp being dangled. Rams are not sentimental.

1 Like

kleviman is a hack, i dont trust this for a second

The Kupp stuff is real though, that doesnt surprise me at all.

I think he has a NTC. No way is Kelly wanting to leave L.A.

1 Like

I agree, I think the Kupp stuff is real, but the Stafford one isn’t. If you are the Rams, if you deal Kupp and Stafford, you aren’t winning another game all year. You have Nacua left but no one to throw him the ball. The Rams are in last right now, but only 2 games out of a tie for first and they are getting Nacua back I think this week or next. Seattle has been shaky, Arizona hasn’t looked great (but is 2-0 in division) and 49ers are hurt to hell. You can easily make a run at the division here.

As for the Vikings, let’s say they truly believe they have a good team and while Darnold has been ok, a vet QB gets them close this year. What about next year? Is Stafford coming over just to be a one and done?

I think the Rams will hold on to Stafford for the year, and at the end of the year McVay and Stafford both retire, and the true full rebuild is on.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Matt dealt but I would be surprised if Matt was willing to be dealt there if he truly has a NTC.

1 Like

Would be a desperate move by the Vikings. Maybe they see it as the only way to beat the lions lol. Pretty sure Florio’s dumbass started this rumor.

1 Like

So Stafford can drop to 0-3 against the Lions for 2023-2024?

1 Like

Signing a large contract with the Rams used to be the sign that the player was on his way out.

1 Like

I love this tweet response though …

https://x.com/BluebonnetBoy/status/1848791590480863347

6 Likes

I don’t believe this at all but just thinking about it makes me feel like I got punched in the gut.

1 Like

Sucks for Darnold if it’s true. He’s probably done enough this season already to get a decent contract from a team next year. The draft compensation will be interesting. Again, it’s a pretty desperate move. Stafford ain’t exactly the youngest guy out there.

Kevin O’Connell was the OC during the Rams Super Bowl run, I can see why he’d want Stafford. Equally, I could see why Stafford would prefer the 5-1 Vikes over the 2-4 Rams who are shopping his favorite receiver.

1 Like

If the Vikings see this as their window, this makes sense.

The “Sam Darnold” stuff is silly. Matt Stafford makes the Vikings an immediate contender. Right now, they’re a middling playoff team at best.

And the fact the Rams are obviously in a fire sale makes it all more real.

Frankly, I don’t like ANY of it. You all can chest thump all you want, but I don’t want Stafford in our division.

8 Likes

No Stafford in division please.

4 Likes

Stafford throwing deep passes to Jefferson is stuff that nightmares are made of.

10 Likes