Stafford “Wives” vs Stafford “Haters…..”

We are all different, man. I laugh at shit that I think is funny…just like you. You may not think the same things are funny, or tell a tory about “conditioning,” etc. That has nothing to do with me and/or my sense of humor.

Just do what’s right for you, my bro. Start posting church lady references, if that’s what lights you up. If others find it boring, sometimes ya Gotta say "■■■■ it’ and live a life that lights YOU up!

I probably won’t like church lady as much as I like The office, but I’m damn sure not gonna gripe about you posting things you find fun/funny. I applaud you for going for it and living the life you want to live.

Go get that shit, brother! Be fun! Be funny! Be alive! Focus on what lights you up!
…I know I will (and do)

This has got to be the best response I’ve seen in a long time… :100:

3 Likes

I’m not sure the Stafford / Lions divorce went exactly as it has been reported.

I think that Sheila / Wood had planned to trade Stafford the moment that they fired Quintricia and Stafford’s trade “request” was them telling him “Matt, we love you and you’ve been great for our organization but we think it’s time to move on, what do you think?” Of course, Stafford answered, yes.

They wanted a fresh start and wanted the new coach / GM to bring in their own guys. It just happened that the GM they hired was from the Rams and knew that the Rams wanted to move Goff (a guy that he was very high on). I think it’s clear that Stafford was going to be moved before Holmes was hired and that if Holmes was hired we would end up with Goff.

1 Like

That’s an interesting take. However, there is zero chance that it is the case.

8 Likes

Nah. I’m pretty sure Matt was sick of getting his ass kicked and losing.
Whatever you have to believe, though.

2 Likes

chris farley snl GIF by Complex

2 Likes

Pardon ME !? , “he didn’t make a sacrifice?” for twelve years he sacrificed , he stood back in the pocket getting beat to a pulp , sustaining injury after injury…broken bones. what did he do? He got back up , dusted himself off , got right back in the damn pocket and said “BRING IT !” Matt didn’t run as fast as he could to some injury list , he didn’t milk it , didn’t complain , he went to work again for all of us , he stood in that pocket and took the beating for his team, for the fans , and for damn sure the BEST shot we had to win. He was a warrior and thee toughest Lion I have ever known… act like he left YOU? He left because the weak , pathetic ownership and leaders they seemed fit to slap in leadership roles…he KNEW he had no chance at all to win anything here . The Ownership didn’t care if they lost , didn’t care who or what ran the team …in turn , lines were built wrong , players were confused , players were not being conditioned or trained correctly , plays were warm dog poo , scheme was easily predictable, players were out of shape, out of place, getting busted up, missing time…worse? It WAS like that before John Stafford. not one thing was remedied/fixed when Matt became our QB day one , and yet fans wondered like hell WHY Matt Stafford couldn’t overcome it all and carry the team to a bowl ? Matt realized he had no future here and the team was never going to win anything, he was just spinning his wheels in Detroit. but to half the Detroit fans? Matt Stafford was a no good , middling QB that couldn’t do anything. WHY? well he didn’t carry the team anywhere.

3 Likes

Let Goff when a playoff game in Detroit or even the division and he will be a legend lol. I’m happy for stafford and still feel he’s underrated except by a few analysts.

3 Likes

That’s the funny part…… I truly believe that once the team we are quickly building “wins a playoff game,” a good chunk of posters will point out Stafford ring vs Goffs playoff win.

The 12 year run with no playoff wins has been clearly put on the Lions organization, and rightfully so…

That said Drew Brees, Eli Manning, Dak, Erin Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Stafford and Russ combine for…91 seasons in the NFL and 6 rings…

THEY ONLY HAVE 8 COMBINED SEASONS WITH MORE THAN ONE PLAYOFF WIN!

Tom Brady alone has 11 multi playoff win years, and SEVEN rings…. In his first ring seasons he had 18, 28, and 23 Tds… in his last 4 he had 33, 28, 29, and 40 tds- That’s 199 tds thrown in SEVEN ring seasons- 28 tds per ring year!

Big Ben has 2 rings and FOUR multi playoff win seasons himself…. Yet he never broke 100 rating in any of those seasons (multi playoff win years) and he had 17, 17, 17, and 29 tds thrown in them……

fwiw Joe Flacco also has a ring and 2 multi playoff win years- same as Brees or Rodgers!!!

2 Likes

Great perspective. Bottom line. Matt Stafford is a big, hairy, American, winnin’machine!

I’m not even gonna read the thread. The OP talks about Stafford more than the rest of the board combined.

I find it just hilarious that he’s beating the table when he’s been trying to convince the Stafford lovers that Goff is just as good or at least has room to get better.

Didn’t he start a record setting post on the subject a few months ago???

Too funny

If you combined a Stafford “wife” with a Stafford “hater” would you have a Stafford wife hater?
I think you would. You would also have someone who is going to get hit with a giant pretzel.

1 Like

Yet you post in it again troll.

Yes I think Goff has room to improve. He’s entering his prime. It’s not like Minshew having a nice 4-5 stretch in losses or Fitzmagic winning a shootout or two.

This is the #1 overall pick almost having a ring by 24, and many not giving him a chance.

Our offensive pieces could be solid, but yet to be proven…. Our defense sucks… hopefully both turn around in 2022-

Do we have an 1,100 yard WR?
Do we have an 800 yard TE?
Do we have a 1,000 yard back?
Do we have a player who has ever scored 12 tds?
Do we have a guy who has ever had 12 sacks?
Do we have a guy who has ever had 120 tackles?

• I would like us to objectively gushed Goff vs the rest of the nfl QBs next year. Not the one guy who surely isn’t coming here. Stafford.

Since polygamy is illegal in the U.S., I think it would be more like the Stafford Concubines.

There is a rumor that this movie is Stafford saying goodbye to his Detroit fans upon requesting a trade. I have not seen it, but I suspect this may be fake news.

1 Like

Troll?? Ok…:+1:t2:

Stafford is a beloved lion. He will always we talked about. And every QB that plays in Detroit will be compared to him. He’s the best the franchise has ever seen. This is completely normal and it’s not going away.

2 Likes

Now boys play nice. We all have opinions.

the simpsons pretzel GIF by Global Entertainment

3 Likes

If people just realized that the negative energy they put out is toxic to their environment and the people in it the world and this board would be better for it!

It would be HUGE for everyone in the world.
Bored ppl find boredom.
Happy ppl find happiness.
Angry ppl find anger.
Sad ppl find sadness.

It’s our energetic way of being, and we build more of it, based on what we are focused on…so…are we letting our feelings determine what we are focused on (basically letting the inner child drive the bus), or are we intentional with our ENERGY?
It’s one thing to have intentions when you get up…a “to do” list and tasks, based on what you want to build, etc. Most ppl are doing this to “be enough” so they are worthy of love to themselves.
What if we also set an ENERGETIC intention?
What difference could that make in your life?

What if we CONSCIOUSLY watched our thoughts instead of letting them blurt out in the form of words, but also blurting out actions?

What if we addressed stories of “Pain” and asked ourselves “is that real?”

What if we DECIDED
to BE happy (not just experience happiness)
to BE love (not just experience love)
to BE excitement, joy, kindness, etc?

What if???

2 Likes

Very good point. People should start by staying off twitter…it’s all anger and bitterness on there.

1 Like