Stafford would have stayed

No like I said, he played pretty good there, with the exception of the two interceptions it was one of his better signature losses

One of those INTs came at the end of the first half

Eh, I wasn’t particularly anti caldwell (I was always anti Patricia), but I did think it was time to move on. Caldwell was a good coach, and probably would have kept us a Wildcard team with a shot at the division…which is great!!!

But, I don’t think Caldwell had that extra gear needed to win a Super Bowl and he was to far along in his career to change his spots.

We’d have been miles better with Caldwell than Patricia, but that’s not saying much.

To further my analogy, we needed to break up with Caldwell, but we probably shouldn’t have married the meth addict stripper with a bunch of kids and a gambling problem:

2 Likes

I liked Caldwell, he was a good coach. And players loved him. think he got a raw deal and we could have won more with him

Having said that I’m currently happy about DC and looking forward to seeing what he can do

2 Likes

he prevented them from being playoff teams. :wink:

Makes WAY too much sense. We should probably ignore this. :wink:

Awkward Red-Faced GIF by moodman

hide GIF

shame embarassed GIF

1 Like

Still hard to judge coaching based on their career advancement.

Not sure any offensive coaches lions employed during Matt’s career hsve advanced further than they got with lions.

Doesn’t mean they were bad but in terms of how other teams view them , not many have moved up ladder. If any

2 Likes

If lions hasn’t scored , they don’t give ball back so quickly giving Saints more opportunities. Matt should’ve known to bleed the clock …, right ? :smiling_face_with_tear: