Super bowl prediction

Dude - two posts above you…

Chiefs by a touchdown.

It’s a close game but Kansas City’s defense has been solid the last month and a half. Mahomes’ wheels buy him just enough time to make plays and put up points.

Jimmy G has to throw and can’t get it done

Well, again, for his first 2 years he has done incredibly well, esp when it matters in the playoffs. It isn’t a surprise that he didn’t do as well, numbers wise, his second season because teams have had a chance to study his game as a pro. Hell, WE even did a good job in a close loss to figuring him out. At this point I don’t see any fall off going forward, because his skill set and coaching staff along with players around him is pretty strong. I think that you could also make a case for his second year being just as impressive can be made because he lost Hunt at RB. Man if that guy is still on the team you have to respect the run and that makes passing easier for any QB. Time will tell.

Yeah, I’m not trying to take anything away from him, but I need to see more for longer, that’s all.

I mean Lamar had a more impressive season overall. Flat out video game material, but he lost in the playoffs, even though he threw for 350 and ran for 150 in the loss.

Mahomes is really good, but I’m not sure he’s even the best in the game now. Plus with the crop of young QBs just starting and the ones entering the NFL in the next year or 2, there will be a LOT of competition. The position is changing before our eyes. What looked unique last year, might be the norm for the NFL going forward. I’m just saying pump the brakes before we compare him to Tiger Woods, Gretzky and Michael freakin Jordan. Lol. Seems ALOT premature. Comparing him to Marino at this point would be much more accurate.

KC will win this 31-27.

No defense can stop that offense.

Who is best in the game other mahomes . Nobody come closer other than if somebody blindly believe someone .All the qbs like Brett favre are over rated , they make too many mistakes , that’s the reason he won only one super bowl . Think if mahomes had a great defense too wow

I hope it’s a game like the KC vs LA game last season (I think it was?). That was an incredible game and was SB epic worthy.

The Lions didn’t figure Mahomes out.

He scored 27 points and we forced 3 fumbles and recovered them all. They didn’t have Tyreke Hill, their starting left tackle or starting running back.

He still threw for over 300 and they put up 438 yards.

What Lamar did this year was freakish. However, like Mahomes, I need to see more. I mean, what would Brady have done this year if he had Tyreek Hill? Brady is 100 years old and didn’t have a single weapon on the entire offense and still got to the playoffs. That to me is also impressive.

Mahomes has been great the last 2 years, but he had a ton of weapons last year and went berserk. This year he had a minor injury and 1 less weapon and his TDs went from 50 to 26. He also has Andy Freaking Reid who is one of the best minds in the game. Here’s why I say slow the roll on the GOAT talk.

What happens if Pat gets dinged up to where he loses some mobility? I mean, it’s football. Can he perform as a pocket passer primarily?

What happens if Hill gets hurt, moved or suspended for being a POS? Is Mahomes the same level without that dude stretching the field like few in the NFL can?

What if Andy Reid moves on? Does Mahomes become Matt Ryan? Who knows.

And the big one. What happens to that roster when the Chiefs inevitably have to give Mahomes the biggest contract in NFL history, which may result in less of a supporting cast?

He may very well end up a Hall of Famer, but I need to see more than a year or 2 of high level play.

The NFL likes blowing QB’s.
I can’t believe they let the 49er’s even have a chance.
35 for KC to 24 for San Francisco.
35-24 KC
ANDY REID

Comparing Matt Ryan to mahomes ? please no. Matt Ryan is another over rated qb who cant extend a play . Nobody comes closer to mahomes than Wilson . See what happend to Rodgers yesterday

1 Like

Mahomes is an incredible talent, the full package , with little to no known weakness to his game …

With that said he is one man of 53 , his Defense is opportunistic , the run game suspect & his WR’s top notch …

Mahomes is special in part due to his receivers ability to gain separation, separation that leads the league at almost 4 yds of separation on his completions…4yds!
That will not happen against SF. Tyreek Hill will have Sherman to contend with, when on his side and the Cover 3 will neutralize him . It’s going to have to be a stellar game by Watkins & Kelce.
Kelce will get his catches but will be limited in his production YAC and TD’s,… SF vs TE’s are tough , through 18 games has only allowed 7 TD’s to TE’s and an avg of less than 40 yds per game and less than 4 rec per game
The KC run defense is going to be shredded, time of possession will heavily favor SF.

I expect Mahomes to have to throw in much tighter windows and from the pocket in a game they are losing , facing heavy pressure & having to push the issue and turning the ball over .

SF 34 - KC 21

Garoppolo is the weak link, in part because they really do not un-leash him by design, should Jimmy turnover the ball either by himself or unforced errors via muffed punts , WR, RB’s fumbling etc I have zero faith in Jimmy G lighting up the scoreboard in this scenario but in a close game Jimmy G had 4 Fourth quarter comebacks and 4 game winning drives (Pressure situations) and Mahomes just 1 of each in the same game vs the Lions with Ref help . I see a much closer game if this is the case SF 23 - KC 21 …I’m rooting for KC and Andy Reid to get his ring so I hope I’m wrong.

this is really a good superbowl, on paper. I’m at a loss as to who would in really, although I think it favors KC. so what you’ll see is a great grind it out game from the 9ers. The Titans tried and failed. I think the 9ers have a better D. It will be fun to watch I think. I think it’ll come down to a ‘flash’ play on special teams or a turnover.

35-31 Chiefs

Tyreke Hill will roast Sherman. Sherman on Kelce would be a great match-up.

Hill has not really been shredding anyone , over the last 8 games he has failed to record 70 yds receiving and has 4 TD’s over the last 8 games…It’s not really on him as he is just not targeted enough , his YPC is high as is his completion % when targeted …The coverage he sees is heavy and Mahomes goes elsewhere.

I’m leaning towards KC right now, 34-31. Both QBs will have some big game jitters.

I’m not going to claim any ability to accurately predict this stuff, but this feels like it could end up a laugher, with KC blowing the doors off of SF.

If the Chiefs get up early, I don’t see Jimmy Grapps storming back.

Really? You are in an espnbaby thread and this is what you think is bizarre? lol

1 Like

Why no love for Italian jimmy g , he teared the saints defense , he can sling well . Shanahan and lynch are better master mind than Reid and his staffs combined