Survey: After 12 games, is Jared Goff the Lions quarterback of the future?

Fans act like the Lions are handcuffed. Why can’t Holmes trade for a QB? Why not roll the dice signing Jordan Love? Why not try and bring Tom Brady in?

Lots of options. Lions need to move on from their scrub QB if they want to get to the next level.

Look at all the first Rd QBs bouncing around the league, these are guys that were picked solely out of need, taking what ever QB is left on the board. Most doesn’t end well. And Okaduh had some injury’s his 1st 2 year’s. You must have missed that with your in-depth evaluation.

1 Like

Yeah we need to get a superstar like Kirk Cousins. Then maybe we’ll start winning games.

Oh my now I get it, you also probably believe in Mary Poppins.
mary poppins GIF by Official London Theatre

1 Like

Maybe! I mean having Kirk behind this line would be awesome. There’s a reason why Kirk gets franchised multiple times and has a fully guaranteed salary. There’s a reason why Jared Goff was a throw in for the Stafford trade.

It’s because one is a franchise QB and the other is fringe starter fodder. That’s just the way the league works.

So you don’t believe Holmes and the Lions can trade or sign a starting QB? Teams do it all the time. Why can’t the Lions?

1 Like

Drunk Beach GIF

1 Like

There’s also a reason that the Vikings wanted to draft Justin Fields to replace Kirk Cousins.

Yeah sure they did… that’s why they signed Kirk to a fully guaranteed deal. That’s what they do when they have a QB they don’t believe in.

3 Likes

Sure they can , but I don’t believe they can get one any better then Goff. You lose because your playing this like any QB is gonna step in and be a improvement. Just who is these guys ? And Cousin’s is the equivalent to Jared Goff. Another miss dude

I mean… if cousins and Goff were even close teams would treat them as such. We saw how much value he had in the trade. None. He actually was considered a liability in the trade.

You can believe what you want… but in the end you are going to be eating crow for backing Jared Goff.

1 Like

Are you a betting man because I am, I got a 100 says Goff is our QB next year ?

After what you wrote shows you haven’t been watching or understand what your watching. Goff isn’t the same QB the Rams sent. He was broke down and lack confidence, lots of young players go though stages like this hell Cousins isn’t with his original team .
But anyone watching has seen Goff improve improve leeps and bounds. The more his confidence shows the better he has played, and he is still young enough to still improve more.

And somebody watching Don’t agree with you isn’t the Lions favorites in this rematch ? How is that so . Cousins is a similar story and QB. And that’s what your hanging this BS on ?

Hell I would rather have Goff then Cousin’s

4 Likes

Mac Jones has 29 TDs and 20 INTs… in an offense designed to protect him with a heavy run game and short routes.

Belichick had so little confidence in him that he threw only 3 passes in an entire game… while Allen threw 30 passes.

And…. Mac was NOT a pro bowl selection.
He was allowed to play as an alternate when Lamar Jackson sat it out. He certainly wasn’t even a top 6 QB in the AFC last year.

3 Likes

damn @HSVLion …. crushing the troll with facts!

Comedy Central I Love Winter GIF by Workaholics

3 Likes

I look forward to seeing the Vikings replace Cousins with Jacoby Brissett after next season then. Because if Goff’s production this season doesn’t justify the salary difference with Brissett, then how does Cousin’s?

1 Like

Let’s see:

QB rankings

Goff No. 11; Cousins No. 21

QBR rankings:

Goff No. 6; Cousins No. 21

Yards Per Attempt

Goff No. 11 at 7.5; Cousins No. 28 at 6.5

Completion Percentage:

Goff 64.9%; Cousins 64.6%

Who has the scrub QB?

4 Likes

WHO’S THAT POKEMON?: Can you guess who the below two quarterbacks are?

• PFF passing grade: Player A (71.8), Player B (62.8)
  • Passer rating: Player A (88.1), Player B (95.7)
  • Yards per attempt: Player A (6.5), Player B (7.5)
  • Adjusted completion rate: Player A (76.8%), Player B (76.8%)
  • Passing yards: Player A (2,932), Player B (3,022)
  • Passing touchdowns: Player A (18), Player B (19)
  • Interceptions: Player A (9), Player B (7)

Of course, Player A is Kirk Cousins and Player B is Jared Goff. The Minnesota Vikings and Lions have had drastically different seasons in terms of a little thing called winning football games, but the latter signal-caller has certainly shown off a ceiling that has been missing for quite some time. Overall, Goff is leading the NFL’s sixth-ranked scoring offense and should easily throw more than 22 touchdowns in a season for the first time since 2018.

The Lions are wildly favored by 2.5 points ahead of Sunday’s NFC North matchup against the Minnesota Vikings, so don’t be surprised if Goff continues to supply more good than bad with his group of pass-catchers healthier than they have been all season.

6 Likes

That’s why Goff’s season hasn’t been even better. Some weeks, the Lions were trotting out Kalif Raymond and practice squad WRs like Tom Kennedy, Maurice Alexander, Stanley Berryhill, and Brandon Zylstra.

4 Likes

I have been as skeptical of Goff as anybody. Going into the year I expected him to have this type of year with this supporting cast, but it is different when you actually put it into action. I do still have my questions, but Goff can do a lot to answer them in these final 5 games. To me the two biggest questions that remain are, can Goff elevate the players around him in critical moments? Can Goff consistently produce on the road, as his home and away splits this year are quite shocking.

Home/Away

PASSING RUSHING
CATEGORY G ATT CMP PCT YDS TD INT LNG 20+ SCK RATE ATT YDS AVG TD
Home Games 7 251 162 64.5 1887 17 3 81 25 10 104.8 7 10 1.4 0
Road Games 5 154 101 65.6 1135 2 4 44 18 9 81.0 14 32 2.3 0

2 Likes