Swift to Rams trade suggestion

Don’t try me with your garbage. I score 70 on anyone.

1 Like

Get those picks, and throw in Akers as well. Lions can roll the dice he rebounds from the injury. I don’t like dealing Swift, but if they offer to overpay, then you gotta at least listen.

OK, why is it, when we finally get a quality player…it’s “hey lets trade em.”…then it’s “hey we need more weapons.”

I’m a big Swift fan and I really wanted us to draft him. However I’d gladly let them have him for 2 two seconds and a 3rd round pick.

Mainly because the shelf life for RB’s is short and we have Williams and Jefferson.

I’d like to believe we could find an adequate replacement with one of those seconds as well.

I would order another Panthers shirt.

I wouldn’t want the Rams to pay that even for a good ascending RB like Swift.You’re talking about the team’s top pick in the draft for two years. I like Swift, but he’s not Sanders/Faulk class, or even Gurley, imo.

I don’t think he’d be a significant upgrade to Henderson for this season ; he’s still pretty green, imo, not a CJ Anderson type who had the vet savvy to carve out a role on the fly. And the durability issue worries for the longer term, ie if Akers doesn’t make it back next year.

Otoh, If DET wanted to move Swift, I think they at least needed to get Jefferson out there to evaluate. Otherwise, you’re likely turning the whole team, from Goff down, into camp bodies for a 10 game preseason,imo.

I’d be opposed in general; Swift might not be around to host a Lombardi , RB years being short & brutal usually, but he definitely could catalyze a playoff season before you have to over-pay.

1 Like

This.

Drive to Allen Park and start recreating the Defenestration of Prague?

No one died in the above…but apparently because they landed in a huge pile of horseshit. That seems about right.

I might grab some Absinthe while we’re at it. The real stuff with the wormwood.