Take some GA. Boys

They let men compete as women in the Olympics don’t they?
I rest my case.

1 Like

That typically happens when you hit 40-45

1 Like

Well he’s the odds on favorite to go #1 so it’s not exactly a reach

1 Like

Actually it’s not their job to know details about all the teams. It’s their job to put our fluff pieces and have a general idea of what’s going on in the league. How do I know this? Because that’s all you ever get out of the national media and it never changes and they still have their jobs. A lions beat writer is going to know 10x more about the team than a national writer. And if a beat writer wrote something about the Lions, chances are everybody here read it at some point. Hence why this board knows more than national writers.

True story, in college my girlfriend had a friend who got married to a guy who disappeared w/i like 6 months. When they found him he was playing HS football in Utah.

1 Like

I think you are both right. I think it is to be expected that the national sources would not know as much as the local sources, even if they tried. But at the same time when they can’t even get basic details right (like najacks example of one source saying we need a Center), that’s pretty bad and they should rightfully get called out. We’ve seen it with broadcast booth’s before, because the Lions get the C level team and they don’t follow the Lions or even try to get to know us. We all have examples of them getting names wrong, or flat out not knowing them. But I also like it when a guy drops a pass for the first time all year, and the commentator says something like “yeah, he’s really been struggling with drops all year.” Wait, what?

1 Like

I’m not expecting National writers to know as much about a team as the beat writers that cover it. But they should know enough to write an accurate article. 5 minutes of research online would have told them we need neither center nor tackle in this draft. The problem is the standards of journalism are gone. Nobody cares about accuracy anymore, it’s all about generating clicks to the site. That’s why it’s more tabloid journalism than sports. It’s sad to see sometimes.

1 Like

It’s sad to see every time, brother.

1 Like

No not at all, but simply suggesting you would hope they are basing the pick on alot more then just connections to the state and storyline. He is worthy of two but if another player is more worthy, I would hope connections and storyline done become the deciding factor.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.