Tankathon give us Murphy & Mayer

Murphy just doesn’t have the production needed to be top 5 pick. To me, he’ll be a copy of Paschal. He’s good against the run. But doesn’t get sacks. Paschal is the same, big athletic DE that plays the run well. He get’s pressures. He doesn’t get sacks.

I wouldn’t spend a first on a guy that will likely give me the same production as the guy we got in the second, previously.

Are you intentionally obtuse? You said DE isn’t a need - I’m explaining why it actually could be considered. I’m not arguing to take Murphy. Per my previous post:

1 Like

What is the big need ? DE really isn’t a need

Hutch and Romeo, Comish, Houston, Pashcal and little Romeo.

1 Like

I’m not willing to give up on Paschal yet. And quite frankly I see Houston and Hutch as my starters, drafting a guy who isn’t a first teamer with a top 5 pick is insane. And then you add the guy has red flags and hasn’t really produced. It’s a f no for me. This mock has us taking Murphy so that is who I’m talking about. Taking a guy later in the draft is a different discussion.

Yeah I’m stearing clear of Murphy give me one of the CBs or Carter or RB Robinson. I’ll take 2 of the 3 of these guys

1 Like

Who’s giving up on Paschal? All I said was counting on him to be ‘the man’ is probably not a good idea given his short NFL history.

Houston isn’t a 3 down 4-3 DE. He’s 240. He only put up 17 reps. He’s pretty undersized and underpowered to set the edge against the run. The Lions would be begging teams to run at him on 1st and 2nd if he was in the game regularly for those downs. I like Houston, but I am also realistic about what he is (at this point). A 3rd down flamethrower.

That’s fine. I don’t really see anyone here arguing FOR taking Bryant, so you’re kind of just speaking into the void.

Then don’t respond directly to my posts asking me questions about things I didn’t say/putting words in my mouth? Seems pretty easy.

3 Likes

This is where you are not on the same page as the people who are saying DE is a need. The don’t see Houston as a starter. They see him as a rotational piece that would get exposed as the starter. And I agree with them.

6 Likes

Houston rules out Anderson for thise same reasons. However, part of what they’re doing with Houston is having him gain weight.

I haven’t heard of any new injuries with Paschal, could be and i missed it. My though is Paschal mussed all of training camp and a chunk of the season, he’s probably still trying to get his head around things. He’s unlike Houston a guy thst moves inside and out, a lot more to get than being a situational flame tbrower off the edge.

Somehow with trades don’t care would love to see Carter, Porter. Bijan/Gibbs and Oluwatimi (sp) if lucky enough to not move up for Carter great, if not, im looking to trade up for him. He’s what we need in the middle, and hopefully that lights a fire under Levi, could make for a very stout interior that can get pressure consistently, while opening things up for Hutch, Romeo, Houston etc

What I’m mystified by is that many of the draft “experts” still have us taking a QB with the Rams pick, yet they have Seattle taking defense. Apparently Goff isn’t long term solution for the Lions at 28 and overseeing one of the top offenses in the league, but Seattle is set with Geno Smith at age 32?

3 Likes

Chark will be resigned do you think ? If it’s not, drafting Quentin Johnston would be a serious option ?

1 Like

I actually like Mayer. The Gronk comparisons aren’t my favorite, but he is such a big sure handed target and I think he’ll have a long productive career. I saw a Jason Witten comparison and liked it. If he were sitting there with that 2nd first round pick, I’d think about it at least. Not pounding the table for him, but I’d consider it.

I feel like Chark is 50/50 at best. They already have $6m committed to him next year with how his deal was structured. Hard to see them paying him another $10m-$12m deal on top of that, but who knows. I do think a healthy Chark makes a big difference in this offense, but I don’t know that he’s worth tying up that much cap in. But, I can also see the case for it…so to me, it’s 50/50!

Read the thread title.

Well I hope you’re not one of these guys that wants to draft Will Anderson then. Houston is pretty stocky.

I say hell no to a TE in the first round.

After wasting picks on Pettidrop, Ebro, and Hockenwuss, it would have to be a generational TE for me to even think about it.
Basically I’m passing on TE, unless it’s Travis Kelce or Robby G.

We need DT, LB, RB, and DB.

1 Like

I am leading the charge for people to pump the brakes on Will Anderson and rethink the idea of mentioning him in the same breath as Jalen Carter and that he’s not the prospect that he’s hyped to be.

Fantasy football guys rank Hockenson entirely too high so they just assume the Lions have a huge deficit at TE. They don’t dig enough to realize our other TE’s on the roster have outperformed Hock.

That being said, I wouldn’t mind Mayer or Washington in the 2nd round. Much better value there.

1 Like

right there with you.
Carter or if he’s gone, the best CB. With a TD of course.

1 Like

To me, Mayer is a better prospect than Hock. Mayer was physically dominant to a level that I never saw Hock in college. But yeah, don’t really want a Tight End in the first round, like ever again in my lifetime.

Ringo, I don’t see it with him. He’s not Sauce Gardner, I don’t think he’s even Derek Stingley.
Something don’t sit right with me on Ringo.
I guess I posted the Ringo response in the wrong thread.

1 Like

I forgot who said that Hock was the best blocking te prospect he had ever graded… that didnt age well

3 Likes