Tankathon give us Murphy & Mayer

Alternately, assuming CHI drafts Carter at #2, and the LA/DET Pick evolves to #3, trade alternatives begin to open up significantly, especially if Holmes elects to pass on DE Murphy & OLB/RDE Anderson for various reasons. Assuming CAR picks #8, their owner is hell-bent on getting the highest-rated QB available. Trading down from #3 to #8, should net DET BOTH of CAR 2nd Rd picks, #39 & #60, even up pick value, per Draftek. Selecting the top rated CB at #8 is much easier to swallow then at #3 for me at least, and allow Holmes to get much more aggressive with the Lions own pick in the 1st Rd, perhaps RB Robinson??.

Knowing, I now have 4 - 2nd Rd picks in my back pocket would allow Holmes much more flexibility to acquire Top Talent in the 2023 Draft. Draft another CB, adding a top shelf LB, G, S with the remaining 2nd Rd picks would do wonders. Grab a TE or backup QB in the 3rd Rd… And still have 3 Picks remaining in the Draft for depth and/or roll into 2024 draft round upgrades…Holmes are you Listening??? - GOALPOST

Watch more Darnell Washington if you want to see physically dominant. Watch his blocking in the SEC championship game (and he caught a TD as well).

The more I watch, the more I’m thinking he may end up being a late 1st round pick. He’s like having an OT that can line up all over the field.

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember people saying that about Pettigrew as well.
If I want an OT playing TE, I’m taking one in the fourth round.
Washington has been very disappointing imo as a 5-star prospect.

2 Likes

I think a case is building for taking a QB at that top spot. Nobody wants to hear that shit though, I get it. I still think its wise if they like Levis or Richardson or even Stroud.

On this forum, I think you only have to specify when a mock draft prediction doesn’t involve a trade down.

I hope we get Levis just so Lions fans can see how silly the entire concept was…first hand. :rofl:

How could I forget. I want the next Purdy — Mr. Irrelevant,---- but no trade-down needed.

That’s fine, but would you rather have Anderson or someone else given you can’t get Young or Carter?

Not even close to disappointing

I highly doubt that either Murphy or Maher will be lions pics. Just another reason to pay a little attention to mock drafts at this point.

I wouldn’t even consider Anderson that high in the draft, so it would definitely be someone else. I compare Anderson to a rich man’s Julian Okwara. So when I hear someone say “hey if Carter’s gone, would you consider Anderson” I hear it as “hey if Chase Young is gone, would you consider Okwara?” As prospects they don’t really belong in the same sentence.

1 Like

We already have Sewell

1 Like

The cool thing here is we have holes on the team still playing great …will have a top 5 pick…that being said a lot will change based on free agency and people we keep…we are in such a great position its not even funny…we have a chance to build a long sustained winning team if we nail this draft again :grinning:

Curious how you get Julian Okwara out of Will Anderson…

Chase Young set the single-season sack record at Ohio State with 16.5. Will Anderson had 17 last year. I think Okwara topped out at 8 his best year at Notre Dame.

I got it by watching the film.

I want Houston on the field more as well, but wonder if him dropping back to the LB level isn’t a more ideal fit when not rushing, vs trying to beef up as a full time DE. Pretty sure he’s lining up outside of the DE, at least some of the time?

1 Like

We need a DT, CB, OG at some point.
The team is really in a position to go BPA the first two days.

1 Like

Scared Homer Simpson GIF by reactionseditor

Curious why would Houston gain weight? He’s an edge rusher on passing downs then off ball linebacker on running downs. I believe this is why he didn’t see the field early.
Do we run a base 4-3 with 3-4 principles? I believe AG mentioned something to the fact. I could be wrong though.

That’s basically it, he’s a flame thrower on passing downs.

From lionswire.com

Houston was in the midst of a positional transition that began when he left Florida for Jackson State. He was an off-ball LB for the Gators but moved to stand-up pass rusher at JSU under head coach Deion Sanders. The Lions used Houston almost exclusively as a weakside DE in the 4-man front, but his lack of size and pass rushing polish were problematic.