We should have zero interest

Green Bay
Tampa Bay
LA Rams
Tennessee

1 Like

Would LOVE to see Watt and Suh end up with the Rams! Do it for Matt! :innocent:

1 Like

I’m thinking he should join the Packers or the Rams. Suh should stay in TB. Don’t fix what ain’t broke.

1 Like

I’ll take being a Lions fan over being a Texans fan right now. Talk about a franchise headed in the wrong direction.

But, to keep it real, Watt is a shell of the player he once was now.

1 Like

Buffalo would have to make some moves to make that work. TB can do it but then they’re likely moving on from at least one if not two of Barrett, Godwin or David.

Indy could swing it. Miami could as well. S.F. might be able to.

I think Buffalo will be letting Milano and Daryl Williams walk and would cut Jerry Hughes to make way for Watt. They can certainly create more money than the Steelers, who are really up against it.

Rams can’t afford either of them.
They are $30 million over the cap with a starting OG and 5 defensive starters as UFAs as well.

As a Lions fan… I am rooting for a terrible record from the Rams, so I hope they can’t sign anyone that helps them.

1 Like

Watt to the Chargers :zap: :zap: :zap:

…It makes sense…right?

Is this mic on?

…hello?

2 Likes

It’s funny you say that, as his brother Derek was the starting Fullback for Anthony Lynn for his first three years. Derek left as a free agent for Pittsburgh. Since then the Chargers have been, dare I say, underpowered. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

Can’t look at cap space in a single year as the definitive measure of a team’s ability to sign or resign players.

It’s better to look at cap space over 3-4 years as a better measurement for what a team can do in a single off-season.

If a team has no cap space or are over one year but 100s cap space in year 2 or 3, they still have tons of flexibility to sign or retain players the year they are over or have none

lol, I love it ! funny how LIONS’ Fans can thumb their noses at once solid players that lost a step, when OUR defense has been pathetic for years…but don’t give the guy a shot here …he might be able to reach a QB a few times. instead?

Psfff! “we don’t want him !” “we should-have zero interest.” LIKE we are SO good defensively. Ironic.

It’s the offseason dude, were always great in the offseason.

1 Like

Has nothing to do with being good or bad defensively, it’s just common sense. He’s a 32 year old DE that has a year or two left. If we are going to sign someone, sign someone younger long-term. There’s just a lot of smarter ways to use $10M-$15M, namely on younger players, like a Romeo Okwara.

Besides, he’d probably retire rather than come here to rebuild, so the fact that we won’t have interest is moot.

3 Likes

The Texans should have asked him to retire…and then went after his signing bonus. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Undefeated! Preseason Champs! :laughing:

3 Likes

I do realize that teams can kick the can down road for the cap… but the Rams also have a unique situation.

Most of the Rams cap space is currently taken up by 10 players. Those 10 players currently already are set to take up about $138 million of their 2022 cap.

Of those 10 players, they are all signed to deals that expire when the player is 30+ years old, and only 5 of them are under contract beyond 2022. Stafford is really the only guy they should extend to create space. Simple restructures are only going to provide relief for 2021, then really handicap them in 2022.

The Rams also have only 13 players under contract beoyond 2022, and 1 is the punter. They obviously are missing a few draft picks to replace them as well.

I guess I should not have said “can’t afford”… because they could make cap room with ill advised contract restructures and extensions.
McVay and Snead are both signed thru 2023, so they may truly go “all in” now, and then walk away when excrement hits the oscillator.

1 Like

I think that’s the plan myself, wouldn’t make much sense otherwise.

1 Like

Agree 100%.

Hope they do not sign any players older than 30yo.

While I don’t want to see the Lions go through what the Browns went through during the Hue Jackson era, it’s pretty apparent the Lions need to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVoKlqbz1l4 and just purge the roster of overpaid and underperforming veterans and build from there.