That GUY

Jordan McFadden

Tough call for me between Darnell Washington & Drew Sanders. Therefore, work a plan to get them both.

Gonzalez, Washington & Sanders and I would be ecstatic, not matter what the rest of the draft looked like.

2 Likes

Ha thanks for tip. LMAO sorry…

A pair of DTs Keeanu Benton 1st or 2nd round and Zach Pickens Day 2

1 Like

just watched some of his hi lights.
looks very intense, but clean.
Smart, patient, calculated
Very sure tackler
Great instincts
Very nice acceleration & explosion

Should translate if the speed & strength are good enough. Feels like a very safe pick with a high floor & high ceiling

1 Like

Darious Rush late 2/ round 3

1 Like

I have a few some have already been mentioned. I am a bijan guy kids special. He and will Anderson are by far the best two players in this draft now for the less obvious list.

Trenton Simpson- I know his under wear Olympics numbers were not Nolan smiths but when u see this guys closing burst guys do not get away he has instincts.

Dewayne McBride- if we want value at running back he is it I honestly I think he is the second best back in this draft Gibbs doesn’t do it for me

Julius Brent’s- love this kid big strong fast technically sound great hips……calm down u animals!

Witherspoon- I am old school I love corners who support the run kids an animal

A lot of guys I really like in this draft I keep hearing people say it’s a weak draft I don’t see it. I could easily mention ten more names off the top of my head who give me jahvid best feelings. But bogarding this post enough already

Also going on record to say I have never seen it with Jalen Carter even before the off the field stuff I am missing something I am sure because I seem like one of the few. Educate me my fellow members of the den because the most impressive thing I have seen him do was lift up a running back with one arm after the play was over help me brothers I think I am biased on him.

1 Like

My guy I would say is Nolan Smith. I loved him before the combine. He seemed to step up in big games at UGA. I love how he can stop a pulling OG in his tracks setting the edge at 6’2 238. I think he is so competitive and the heart and soul of a national championship defense. I knew he’d test out of the gym and he did. And I think he might fall some because although his numbers are like Micah Parsons he is about 10 lbs lighter and he played less stack than Parsons I think. The other thing is I think you need a plan for him and I think teams will struggle on where to put him. Is he a rush LB? Some think his best spot is stack LB with that quick speed to the edge/cover and ability to take on blockers. IMO a good coach will figure it out and get him on the field - and he’ll lead an NFL defense.

1 Like

YouTube his game against Alabama, played his best against the best competition… I’d take him at 18, I hope resigning Anzalone or having a 2 down backer like Rodrigo doesn’t stop them from taking Sanders… I fear it will bc of how much they apparently like AA

1 Like

Love that. Excited to see what Brad does. He’s gonna surprise us all, I’m guessing. At this point, who knows what that handsome MF’r is thinking?

I like Smith a lot too and more importantly, I think our brass will absolutely love him. I don’t think we’d take him at 6 (but not certain about that), but if he made it to 18 I think he’d absolutely be on our board. I don’t know that we’d take him, but he’ll be someone under discussion.

I’m not exactly sure how he fits with us, but depending on his grade you just take him and figure it out.

1 Like

Man I think we could end up being very surprised when it comes to Nolan smith. I could see him being one of those guys that Dan and brad talked to and are like yep this man loves football and he is a freak athlete screw it let’s take him at six. I myself am warming up to the idea

2 Likes

The thing working against Nolan Smith is Houston because his most natural position fit might be strongside. It could be really fun though with Houston/Smith and Hutch/Paschal getting after the QB.

I guess I’ll be the guy who fires back on Sanders. I went into watching him really, really wanting to like him (his highlights are outstanding) but I came away underwhelmed. (Sorry @CuriousHusker)

My biggest problem is his play strength. He’s a great, aggressive athlete, has decent enough instincts and coverage ability (with upside), good frame, motor runs hot, but his play strength is really, really lacking to me. Virtually all of his sacks came when he won with athleticism - a quick first step and speed around the edge, or maybe a spin now and again. But if an OL got into his frame, he was finished.

Which I know is sort of a counter-intuitive take because one of his favorite moves from the edge is a bull rush. His length generally allows him to attack first and when it works, it looks fantastic. I got really excited when I saw those plays on his highlights. But when I dug into his tape I didn’t see near that level of success on a down-by-down basis.

This showed up even more so in the run game when he was lined up at LB. Being as tall as he is isn’t an advantage there, he’s so slender at that size he’s got almost no leverage. If you’re playing him there you basically can’t count on him at all to take on blocks. Stacking and shedding isn’t his game. Running-and-chasing is, but we’re not gonna make him a WILL.

His play style is so violent and aggressive I think it masks some of these physical deficiencies. He’s the sort of guy you want on your defense for his attitude, but he needs to be used correctly. I’m pretty sure he’s not a straight-up MLB, and I don’t think he’s a strong-side LB either. I think his best fit is as an OLB in a 3-4, which is why I don’t think he’s a great fit for us. And even then he’ll have to bulk up. If we’re going with that type of player, give me Nolan Smith. I think they’ll be playing similar positions in the pros.

He’s a freak athlete which allows him to overcome some of his deficiencies, but I think as the athleticism levels out at the next level he’s gonna struggle more and more.

4 Likes

Darnell Wright. Henley. Jammie Robinson….Benton….Hooker….Stroud………Deonte Banks…….Gibbs.

1 Like

Very good assessment on Sanders. I just said about the same thing (much fewer words) on the other thread…

1 Like

I think that’s a fair take on him, his play strength and inexperience at the position are definitely his weaknesses… But as you alluded to, the athletic and mental side is present… That’s more important to me than his physical strength and technique, which will be greatly improved being in the NFL.

I think he’s a MLB on early downs and a pass rusher on 3rd downs… I think he can be a top 10 player in sacks and TFL in the right scheme.

2 Likes

No need to apologize. He definitely needs to add 20lbs as he’s built like a Small Forward. He also relies too much on his length and arm tackling. You do see him wallop dudes on occasion with perfect form so he does have it in him.

My comp. for Sanders (if he hits) has always been Julian Peterson. If you turn him into a stack and shed off ball guy then he will likely overwhelm. He needs to be a pass rusher and TE eraser. May need some work on the latter but it’s a rare combo of length and speed IMO.

I don’t like him like Zeirlein likes him, but I do like him. I just think he has to be used a particular way.

2 Likes

I’m not high on Benton… Too slow off the snap for me.

I like your other choices… JL Skinner for an in the box safety is someone I’d add to that list… Love Banks, maybe the corner we take @ 18 since I don’t think they go CB @ 6.

I’ve made my love for Gibbs clear

4 Likes

Peterson is a great comp

1 Like