That second timeout

Dey boff no bueno

In that scenario. His body of work this year has been good. But i am not going to lie i was yelling at the tv presnap.

1 Like

Who has said that? Most everyone acknowledges that DC has had shortcomings in certain situations. Please point me in the direction of the perfect coach because I haven’t seen one in 56 on the planet. Bill Parcells and the hoodie would t be able to win with this team. They needs talent before any meaningful evaluation of DC can take place. I for one am thrilled with his style. I believe players will play for him and he may even be able to attract upper echelon free agents.

2 Likes

Nobody has said that.

N
O
B
O
D
Y

2 Likes

I was yelling at the TV too…WTF R U DOOOOOOINGGGGGG

The other poster was spot on. Only one outcome loses the game definitively for us…and they schemed to allow that play.

What the ever lovin hell is wrong with his franchise???

1 Like

Truth be told Holmes and Pleasant probably deserve more credit for your DB’s then Glenn deserves. The Rams secondary has definitely taken a step back after losing Pleasant.

Who is saying the coaching is perfect? I am really curious about who these people are.

That reference is in regards to the thread linked below where I pointed to coaching mistakes as to the reason why the Lions are winless and the many posters defending every coaching mistake they have made.

Yes I’m having a little fun with you guys who want to defend every thing Dan does.

“You guys”?

Trying to say this respectfully.

This is turning into the stafford bullshit all over again. Just because a person isn’t jumping on “■■■■ Dan Campbell he sucks” 11 games into his rookie coaching season here then you go in the other extreme where the coaching is perfect and you are having a little fun with “you guys”.

You talk about respecting my opinion but then you mock “you guys” because we are not emotionally vomiting?

Recap:

MCDC shouldn’t be the Offensive Coordinator, but he was forced into the situation due to Lynn. If he is the OC next year…THAT IS A PROBLEM.
MCDC has made coaching errors.
Holmes, if he really wanted to properly gauge what he had in Goff, then he should have invested in the wr position more then a Perriman bust and a 4th string injury prone Williams. Holmes’s initial rookie class seems to be strong. But at the same time our defensive line SUCKED and apparently this regime is about rebuilding from the inside out. Perhaps Levi and McNiel are nothing more then rotational solid starters but that isn’t a bad thing.
Anthony Lynn should never been hired.
Glenn made mistakes this week especially on that 3rd down conversion to end the game. But you are blind if you do not see the overall body of work and see the development of Aj Parker and Jerry Jacobs. Also that this defense is playing hard despite obvious shortcomings.
MCDC was hired to LEAD and he is doing that. He handled the Jamie Collins debacle with class and it saved the locker room and gained him veteran respect. The rookies love him it is clear the players play hard for him. What is also clear is that the team needs in injection of talent. Difference makers.

The pros 100% outweigh the cons thus far for me when it comes to this regime. Talk about depressing…coming on a board and blasting a organization we support 11 games into the season of year 1 demanding everyone be fired and making fun of people are are trying to be more patient and not rush to judgement…a whole hell of a lot of emotion going on around these parts lately.

All this complaining is because of 0 wins. But to me the ravens, steelers, browns, vikings, bears and La game tells me all i need to know about Dan for THIS year with THIS group of talent.

If these current issues are still the issues in year 3 then I will be more willing to listen to moving on…but this is ridiculous.

2 Likes

aren’t Holmes and DC equals though? Can’t absolve DC for personnel mistakes they made together

Also I think DC is a great guy. Good motivator and the players love him.

I just also think he’s a bit of a moron

Talk about going to the extreme. You just did what your complaining that I did…. lol

I never said anything like that about Dan.

My stance is that the reason we’re winless falls on coaching. Others attacked that statement and defended every example of his poor game management.

You even called my take lazy.

I don’t hate Dan. I’m not emotionally invested either way about him. But when he is to blame for losing games I’m going to point to it.

I think your way too emotionally invested in his defense my friend.

If he makes it into year two I’ll hope for the best. After all I just want to see us win some football games.

So we deflect. Got it. I did say your take was lazy. I apologized, something you haven’t done for “having a little fun” at my or others expense……but it was still a a take I don’t agree with strongly.

Nope you are in the “Dan sucks group”. I am not in the Dan is perfect group. I have never said he was. To be clear, I’m not complaining. I’m calling you out. You have said several negative things about Dan. I on the other hand I have never said he is perfect….

Emotionally invested in Dan? Is that what we are calling it? No, it’s more I don’t have patience for this stuff.

At least he rushed more than 3 guys. lol

2 Likes

What does Dan do well and what do we have to be optimistic about?

If you have to ask……

I literally have to ask because he was a intern HC with Miami and now the HC of the Lions. He is still making the same mistakes and isn’t learning from those mistakes. Why should he keep his job? Matt Millen & Patrica were “ learning “ on the job and we seen how that turned out. Why should we trust that it’s going to be different with Campbell? It’s not, cut the cord we are just wasting time.

Again, if you have to ask……the explanation given would be lost on you. So why waste both our time?

I’m not in the Dan sucks group…. lol

So I poked a little fun at those defending every coaching mistake by sarcastically saying “the coaching is perfect the problem is talent.”

Your upset because you feel I put you in the Dan is perfect group. You never said he was perfect right?

See my point. Your doing exactly what your claiming I did

You have never heard me say anything like Dan Sucks. I just pointed to the fact that coaching is the reason we’re winless. I am critical of his decision making. Rightfully so.

Yet you want to take me to the extreme of I’m in the Dan sucks category.

It’s clear you don’t have the patience.

I’m not emotionally invested in Dan either way. So I can look at it very objectively. In fact I’d likely nothing more than to see him succeed.

But let’s be clear. If being critical of Dan sticks ME in the Dan sucks category then defending the mistakes he’s made puts YOU in the Dan is perfect category.

I don’t think Dan sucks. I just think he sucks at his job

Did anyone listen to the presser and see if anyone got an explanation about TO1, TO2 and that ClusterFudge of a D set on the 3rd and 4?