The back-up QB battle: Boyle vs. Blough

Me too. I was actually watching some old Raider highlights this weekend with Jeff George and Jay Schroeder. I had forgotten what a cannon the latter had.

1 Like

Yeah, Schroeder was probably the biggest armed starter when I first started watching football. Or perhaps after Elway. It wasn’t “whippy” like George though. George’s arm talent was something else. Like the best elements of Rodgers and Favre’s arm talents. Too bad George was a raging asshole and a terrible leader.

1 Like

Yep, the downfall of many a strong armed QB. Jay Cutler and Ryan Leaf come to mind… With QB’s, it’s the neck up evaluation that comes first. If you can’t check that box, move on and don’t even bother looking at the rest of the skillsets. I’m glad to see the feedback we are hearing about Goff. Seems like the guys really like him which is absolutely key.

Oh, totally agree.

I just love a good vertical offense and the QBs who thrive in them. Give me an aggressive downfield passing attack any day over the jillion 2-yard pass BS offenses dominating the NFL right now.

That 3rd play was probably the most impressive. Recognition of back to the play coverage of the DB. Catchable contested ball. Fearless throw. TD.

He can make all the throws with pinpoint accuracy. Highpoint balls, sideline balls, only where the receiver can get it. He was definitely worth signing.

Should be a good camp battle to watch. I feel a lot better about our backup situation. :relieved:

1 Like