The Bears

Okay…so we play the bears next with a rookie qb that looked terrible. Stat wise we should beat the crap out of them.

But we are the Lions.

So, if we beat them up does that say we’re an ‘okay’ team?

If we lose to them do we commit seppuku?

1 Like

I think the difference this week is the Bears will be actually trying to win. The Ravens came in with a mentality of “get out of here healthy, its just the Lions.” Lamar was desperately trying to play as a passer and not a runner in situations he’d normally be running in. That won’t be the case this week. Fields is going to take off every time he see’s an opening.

No, but it’s the first step in getting there.

I would blitz and blitz. I think we can win next week.

2 Likes

I think we can put a digit in the win column this week.

1 Like

Seems possible. Both teams seem to have issues they’re struggling to overcome.
It’s kind of early to look at scoring differential, and with only 3 games having been played, it deserves a little more research, but for what it’s worth, here’s the bottom of the league:

I should also add that no team has given up more points than the Lions at 95. That happens to be tied with KC.

1 Like

The Jets are averaging less than 7 points per game? Ouch.

1 Like

It’s hilarious that the Packers got hammered so badly by the Saints that they’re on this list. Lol

I think the NYG might end up with two top five picks. Going to have some serious magic bean envy.

1 Like

We are the Detroit Lions.
Can we ever really look past anyone?
Can we ever count on a win…or a loss, for that matter?
The Bears may as well be Tampa.

1 Like

We’re one doink away from being tied with WFT across the board.

2 Likes

Interesting.

I think we will beat them, actually,

This does not make us an ok team.

What about when we win the next three?

1 Like

I’m guessing Bears fans also have this coming week circled as a likely win.

5 Likes

Yep that would do it and bring a bewildered smile to my face, but I’m not seeing it.

I don’t see us as the favorite in any of those games, and that’s just not how you get wins in the NFL. We simply lack NFL talent in every area besides OL, TE, QB, and maybe RB which is emerging as a bright spot. Oh, and Punter. We have a good punter.

I hope they prove me wrong!

1 Like

Don’t worry Fields will play the best game of his life against the Lions and everyone will be on his jock.

1 Like

This isn’t a “must-win” in the traditional sense because the Lions aren’t going to the playoffs, but it’s a yardstick game that tells us where the rebuilding process is. Everybody had the first three games as losses, so they don’t really tell us much. On paper, this is the first good chance at a win.

1 Like

The reason I think we win isn’t so much Fields as it is Nagy. Dude is in a complete tailspin.

1 Like

I don’t think we beat the Vikes. Pressure packages gave us fits yesterday and Zimmer’s will be better.

I think the other two are possible wins.