The Bears

Depend on how play we’re to play during the rest of the season if at all…,

But, mostly no imho

We lose a year of cheap contract on Fields instead of drafting one in 2022 ( or two if we draft in 2023), so he had better be good. If he was that good, he likely wouldn’t be traded, soooo…

What would You do if you found a Bear in the backseat???

2023 … Anthony Richardson of Florida is going to be a star. Bryce Young of course as well. I still think D.J. U figures it out eventually but holy crap does Clemson look lost on offense right now. Like NY Jets lost.

Dabo needs to rethink things. He tries to get “too cute” with his QB action. I will never forget a pickup game of basketball I had where we had a strange “timeout” moment on a game winning shot. Both teams huddled together and me and another guy drew up a play where I would run and leap into the air…the ball would be thrown to me at sky level…I would simulate a pass mid-air to one guy…then throw the ball to another guy who would be open due to the action of the play and hit the game winning shot. It started well but by the end it fell apart and didn’t work out. That’s kind of how the plays are drawn up sometimes for Clemson. And since its been executed by guys like DeShaun Watson they just keep running with it. They need to hit the reset button before too much “crazy” takes hold.

For the purpose of winning in college they should use D.J. Like Cam was used at Auburn. I just think D.J. may have went there after being told they would develop him as a downfield thrower.

Are they willing to pay that much or just the standard rate?

One of the younger guys that works for me is a big Bears fan. I told him that the Lions and Bears would probably end in a tie because neither team is good enough to win.

1 Like

Clemson is rumored to pay well. Probably got some VC money :joy:

The heartbreaking truth is a tie is a pair of half wins. And if anyone doesn’t think it matters, tell them to change the 2019 Lions tie vs the Cardinals to a loss. That changes the 2020 draft following that season from Chase Young to Okudah (or whoever else).

A tie is a half win. And in a league where wholes dominate the entire landscape…a tie is as good as a win sometimes.

1 Like

So half full! Love it!!

Depends on if Fields is willing to have his head. :wink:

1 Like

open fire.

3 Likes

Having guys like TLaw, Watson, Higgins, and Ettienne can certainly cover for a mediocre offense. Its not like they don’t have a little talent though with DJ and Ross so it is weird how bad the offense is.

I feel like Fields is going to be yet another example of how teams ruin young QBs.

My other thought too is that while you always want to win, if we were playing the long game we’d lose just to keep Nagy around a little longer and push back their inevitable rebuild. :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Fermented channeling Sun Tzu.
:+1:

1 Like

Trubisky led the Bears nowhere (thanks to Nags). The D is what got the Bears to the playoffs both times. #10 was the QB along for the ride. Nags ruined him. Forced his scheme on a QB that was mobile and needed a coach to coach to his strenghts, not attempt to make him a pocket passer.

1 Like

Auto-correct is #winning!!!

Charlie Sheen Applause GIF

1 Like

It’s why I wanted him to either come to Detroit or go to the Niners. The Niners or the Steelers probably would have been the best situations for Fields….but I still think the Lions would have done right by Fields

1 Like