The Detroit Lions are making some personnel changes on defense - Pride Of Detroit

The defense is even worse than I was expecting and I wasn’t expecting much lol

13 Likes

At least they sound like they’re doing something. It could be worse.

2 Likes

Why now? We all knew it needed a new scheme. No more turds, just bite those knees

2 Likes

I mean, it didn’t look like the most complex defensive scheme to begin with, though. Scaling back to eliminate miscommunications would definitely be an upgrade, though.

I have no clue what “shifting around defensive personnel” means. Players? Coaches?

5 Likes

It would be hard to do worse than not forcing a single punt vs a Geno Smith lead offense.

2 Likes

This sounds like its all coming from Dan. So he’s not going to fire AG, but he’s going to take over. AG better be planning his next career move.

3 Likes

Not to take away from how bad the defense was because it was pathetic but Geno has been on fire early on. Take PFF for what it is but they actually have him grades as the #1 passer in the NFL right now…

4 Likes

They also didn’t score a single point for 6 quarters. They looked like the 2nd coming of the greatest show on turf vs the Lions D, lol

https://www.timescolonist.com/football-nfl/seahawks-concerned-about-offense-after-6-quarters-of-failure-5842911

4 Likes

The first change they need to make, is to start playing it. The rest will fall into place on it’s own from there.

2 Likes

#1QB in the NFL! Absolutely ON FIRE!

Burning Tom Hanks GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

3 Likes

Personnel changes? I wonder what that means Are they going to bench some guys?

2 Likes

An attacking style of defense for the D-line seems easier to me than a read-n-react type of defense imo.

I do think they need to play a more conservative defense though. The constant blitzing feels of desperation…and I get wanting to get pressure on the opposing QB but you can’t constantly expose your secondary like we are. Despite all his interceptions last year, I don’t think AO is a very good CB, maybe better in a zone system possibly.

I feel like we need to make offenses earn their yards and points. I hate to say it but we almost need to take a Tampa-2 approach and try to make the offenses make mistakes and try to get turnovers on longer sustained drives.

3 Likes

I mean if were scoring 30+ a game maybe holding them to FGs occasionally and getting a couple TOs is all we need, right? That’s like 2-1 right there.

2 Likes

He is playing like Jalen Hurtz. Simple 1-2 read passes and take the yards with your feet if they are there. The key is to not make their job easy by flushing them from the pocket. Instead hold space and use stunts and switches to confuse them into bad passes. Neither Gino or Jalen can make every throw type out there. They are 1-2 read QBs and that is their weakness.

1 Like

What personnel changes?! They literally have no one else to play on defense…THE guys who they have are who they have.

Dance Dancing GIF by Detroit Lions

This guy will solve everything, just you wait!!

4 Likes

Napoleon Dynamite Rock Throw GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

2 Likes

Where’s Cap???

1 Like

Thing is, he played 23 snaps Sunday and was a non-factor. Also, did you know the Lions have one of the smallest/lightest D front 7 in the NFL? It’s crazy they get pushed around and washed out so much!