The Detroit Lions are making some personnel changes on defense - Pride Of Detroit

We have heard this before from other coaching staffs.

If we have guys who are not doing their jobs or are in the wrong place…then why in the hell are they out there in the first place!!!

1 Like

I know I was just kidding! Ball go right, he go left!

2 Likes

Rolling National Football League GIF by Detroit Lions

2 Likes

How is that even possible? Alim goes 350lbs and Buggs looks bigger than he’s listed, he was the “added beef” that DC supposedly wanted in the middle.

Charles Harris is light in the shorts.
Hutch is listed as 260lbs but I think that was his slim-down weight for the Combine. He was listed at 268lbs as a freshmen at UofM. I think Hutch’s playing weight is probably closer to 275lbs but that’s just a guess.

Maybe they were talking about personnel changes among the coaching staff?

2 Likes

Idk, I could be wrong, but John Jansen was talking about it this morn on the radio and breaking down the weight of our front 7 on average compared to most other NFL teams, and our guys avg 10-20 lb’s lighter than most…and it kind of makes sense watching them get pushed around more than other D’s

God I hope so!!

Why not make changes now? If not after giving up 45 points (38 technically) to Geno Smith then when?

Alim looked like a decent athlete when he was playing at a little over 300 in college. At 340-350 he just looks like a chubby kid stumbling around out there. The movement that allowed him to make a play now and then is gone. He just wasn’t meant to be that heavy and still move.

2 Likes

I do think it’s harder to get penetration as a wide-bodied DT. There’s times where you got to make yourself skinny to get between blockers and when you’re this wide, it’s hard to do…and I don’t think he has Vita Vea / Haloti Ngata type of strength.

So this ‘Bend then go ahead and break’ defense isn’t working?

1 Like

I like to think of it as the “bend over and break” defense.

How’s this for a bald guy for ya @BigNatty? LOL

Lip Bite GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

4 Likes

Yup! I’ve posted this a few times already…. We are almost 200 pounds lighter than the Packers starting D….

That’s Hughes and a case of beer!

Imagine Hutch lined up against Sewell with Hock in to chip him… and scrape off into the flats…. “Gives up 70 pounds!”

Imagine Buggs one on one with Evan Brown - “even”

Imagine McNeil trying to get through Rags and Skipper double team… “gives up 300 pounds”

Imagine C Harris trying to get through Decker with a RB behind him…. “Gives up 65 pounds

Now imagine T Walker trying to cover Saint
Imagine Okudah one on one with Chark
Imagine AO one on one with Reynolds

That leaves Elliott on Hock after the release….

So not only do those 4 DL players have not shit at winning those matchups…. But if a team runs left- it’s not that hard to beat AA for a talented RB, but especially if Decker shoves Harris inside and gets to the second level.

• our guys are dominating on offense because most team are trying to run the same shitty D we are- they just have better players.
2 Likes

Good enough, man! Is he offense or Defense?

I’m guessing he’ll play both ways.

2 Likes

How is that any different than the same play against someone like Nick Bosa?

1 Like

Because it should have been weeks ago

Def a tight end…

6’4” 267 and jacked- is a bit better leverage than 6’7” 265…

Erik Armstead is 6’7” and 290 with first round talent

Javon Kinlaw is 6’5” 319 with first round talent

Drake Jackson is 6’4” and 273 with 2nd round talent

Samson Ebukam is 6’1” and 245

Fred Warner is 6’3” 230

They have a crazy rotation of edge and DTs where nobody plays more than 60% but Bosa, Warner and Greenlaw- but typically 7 big men field unless 3rd down

Dre Greenlaw is 5’11” 230

I’m sure your fine is in the mail

3 Likes