The Detroit Lions are making some personnel changes on defense - Pride Of Detroit

super bowl football GIF

1 Like

So Paschal and Joseph practicing this week?

I would line up…

Paschal      McNeill      Buggs

C Harris Board Rodrigo Hutch

Okudah Elliott Joseph AO

If they insist on another DB let it be Jacobs vs Hughes.

1 Like

If Hutch became someone worthy of drafting at #2 only after Michigan stood him up, why not stand him up from the get-go?

4 Likes

Really think ppl should pump the breaks on Paschal…even if he’s ready to go, he’s very likely not gonna be a rookie savior for this D.

7 Likes

Expecting rookie mistakes and hoping he doesn’t come back unfit/not in football shape. We aren’t gonna win the SB this year…let’s keep our guys healthy and get 'em some valuable time this year.

Next year → we enter the arena for real

2 Likes

I hope the changes will not be drastic. This is a brittle team and chaos is not needed.

The eternal battle cry of a true and committed Lions fan. :rofl:

4 Likes

Can’t tell if you are being arrogant or just having fun.
I know this…if you were expecting the SB this year, you are the outlier, not me.
Committed, or sensible? I dunno.
So yeah, year 3 of the rebuild we should be more competitive.

Having fun

1 Like

Thanks for the communication man
:muscle: :sunglasses:

1 Like

I think Paschal (and Cominsky) are important to what we want to do with our pass rush. Pass rush “blockers” per se. If we get them back then we may get more scenarios in which Hutch is looping back inside unabated.

1 Like

We could use Six Deuce too. WTF’s going on with him?

Brockers is just too talented to give the kid a shot. The 4 solo tackles he has this year in 4 games is unstoppable and irreplaceable. haha

2 Likes

Actually, it literally can’t be. We are on pace to be the absolute worst defense in NFL history - a record we go for far too regularly but here we are again.

1 Like

They could not be doing something vs doing something. So yes, it literally could be worse.

2 Likes

That’s only true if what they do is better. If you’re in quicksand and you start thrashing around, that ain’t better than doing nothing (you sink faster). They can’t do nothing but they gotta do the right things. I hope - as you do - that they are. I’ll believe it when I see it though not just because they did ‘something.’

1 Like

You’re right. I am going to back track because I think I’m simply splitting hairs on using the word “literally”. At the end of the day, whatever they do or do not do, we all want it to work. Or at least change enough to not lose a game when we hang 45 on someone.

1 Like

From Lion Web Site 6-2 325 Alim not sue where you got 340 to 350 he is fine he needs help in middle

“At 330 pounds, he is agile enough that Campbell called him “Twinkle Toes” in his news conference Tuesday”.

This was from last year. I read somewhere within the last month that they were joking about his weight saying they were happy with him being 350lbs but didn’t want him any heavier.

They actually did have one third down stop but the refs took it away on a clock malfunction. Next play 7 points for Seattle. They lost by 3.
I’m not crying that that is the only reason they lost, but it shows that even one competent play can change the game.
Goff made one mistake with a pick 6 and there was another 7 points.
I don’t know how much Dan knows about defense, but he needs to ask someone that has proven they do know and find out what can be done if he doesn’t know. I point out a couple things to show even a small amount of competence on D and they change the outcome of these games.
They should be able to beat bad teams.

4 Likes